Lucas Jensen

Default Anyone used bearings from Timken Wuxi Bearing (TWB)??

Has anyone used bearings from the company called Timken Wuxi Bearing
or just TWB?? Are they as good as SKF or FAG??

Lucas
Don Bruder

In article ,
(Lucas Jensen) wrote:

Has anyone used bearings from the company called Timken Wuxi Bearing
or just TWB?? Are they as good as SKF or FAG??

Lucas

In every case (which means at least a dozen or so since I got the poor
old thing - it needed some TLC), when I've gone to replace a bearing on
my car, the box the new one comes in invariably says it's from either
Timken or CR (AKA "Chicago Rawhide"). Dunno if "my" Timken is any
relation to your Timken Wuxi, but I'm thinking it's pushing the limits
of coincidence for them to not be related to each other somehow - Maybe
Timken & Wuxi merged to form Timken Wuxi, maybe what I know as "just"
Timken is properly referred to as Timken Wuxi, or whatever, but I'd
expect a connection between the two.

Whether they are the same outfit or not, I've had no problems whatsoever
with the Timken bearings I've put on the car. Well, not QUITE true... I
did have one case where I had to strip off the bearing I'd just put on
literally seconds before, and put another in its place, but that was a
case of 100% pure "Don screwed the pooch", with the bearing not being
even a little bit to blame. (Well, if I were a typical ambulance-chasing
lawyer, I MIGHT try to claim that it was the bearing's fault just
because it was in the general vicinity, but...)

--
Don Bruder -
- New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.