Bill S

Default geometric die head chasers

I purchased a small 5/16 geometric die head recently because I had to
make a fairly large quantity of screws for a clock project I'm
finishing. It really worked well and I'm very pleased with the results.
I have a question about the chasers that fit into the head. I purchased
a few sets on ebay and noticed that they have different letter markings
preceding the placement number on the chaser. These prefixes have the
letters A1, J1, L1, W1, Y1 and U1. They precede the numbers 1,2,3,4 on
the chaser sets. I'm also not sure how the chamfer and face grind affect
their use. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Bill S

Mike Henry

I've never heard of the A1...U1 designations for chasers, which means
nothing at all as I'm just a hobbyist. I do have a couple of old Gemtric
catalogs with some info on the chamfers and face grinds and I could send you
the relevant portions of that. Email me if you'd like that. Mostly I just
use whatever chaser match the thread form needed, though the choice should
depend on material.

You might also try emailing Quality Chaser and see if they can decipher the
prefixes for you.

Mike

"Bill S" wrote in message ...
I purchased a small 5/16 geometric die head recently because I had to
make a fairly large quantity of screws for a clock project I'm
finishing. It really worked well and I'm very pleased with the results.
I have a question about the chasers that fit into the head. I purchased
a few sets on ebay and noticed that they have different letter markings
preceding the placement number on the chaser. These prefixes have the
letters A1, J1, L1, W1, Y1 and U1. They precede the numbers 1,2,3,4 on
the chaser sets. I'm also not sure how the chamfer and face grind affect
their use. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Bill S

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

New shower head for my Gainsborough Energy 2000x destroyed my unit :-( Siatro UK diy 2 August 18th 04 10:59 AM
Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
Grooveless shower head pipe? Robert Schultz Home Repair 3 January 3rd 04 04:40 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM