Tom Gardner

Default Lubricating oil for high-speed spindles

I use "Hydrospin" oil in my spindles. Cann your oil supplier to
cross-reference. Tranny fluid may work well also.

--

"sittingduck" wrote in message
.4...
I just got an NSK Planet 500, its a high speed air driven spindle that I
have
put on a small CNC. I have an oiler, but have no idea what type of oil to
put
in it. Is anyone familiar with these?

--
9/10/2004

Terry Keeley

I have the NSK Falcon G-1 which probably uses a similar type spindle, they
recommend "Shell Ongina Oil #15", "Esso Crystal 72", or "Mobile Whitelex
309".

I was only able to find the Shell and had to buy a 5 gallon pail. You might
be OK with a spindle oil from J&L or something:

http://www.jlindustrial.com/catalog/...?id=VHN-60100L

"sittingduck" wrote in message
.4...
I just got an NSK Planet 500, its a high speed air driven spindle that I

have
put on a small CNC. I have an oiler, but have no idea what type of oil to

put
in it. Is anyone familiar with these?

--
9/10/2004

Terry Keeley

Good luck!

"sittingduck" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Terry Keeley wrote:

I have the NSK Falcon G-1 which probably uses a similar type spindle,

they
recommend "Shell Ongina Oil #15", "Esso Crystal 72", or "Mobile Whitelex
309".

NSK does have an oil they sell, but after calling the # they gave me, then
contacting the 2 distributors they offered, I got nothing but confusion,
neither one could find it.
I have some Vactra #6 light spindle oil, and will try using that for a

bit. I
think just about any good light spindle oil should work fine. At least I'm
hoping that is the case! So far so good.

--
9/10/2004
9:52 PM [GMT-8]