Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Write Erase Boards

I have been using a write eras board behind me in my office to keep
track of custom and stock jobs. The board is full so I decided to
replace it with two separate boards with a magnetic backer to better
keep track of jobs.

I have to put up two new jobs boards. A longer one just for custom work
(the old one is full), and a separate one for stock design cuts. I
painted lines and titles on them yesterday. (I also placed a new
milling machine yesterday.) Today they will get hung up in my office. I
currently have a single jobs board with custom work on one side and
stock cuts on the other. Its full and there are jobs not yet on the
board. I have to admit I miss the old 4x8 jobs board I had in my office
on Ave C. I also went with magnetic boards this time so I can just move
the marker to the next job on the board instead of having to rewrite it
periodically. I am at 14-16 weeks prepaid custom work right now.

Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2021 10:00 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

The lines and labels did go on with indelible markers... or so I
thought. LOL. I use the GPX Xylene markers for that.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2021 10:12 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 3/21/2021 10:00 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental.Â* Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them.Â* All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

The lines and labels did go on with indelible markers... or so I
thought.Â* LOL.Â* I use the GPX Xylene markers for that.

On 3/21/2021 10:12 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 3/21/2021 10:00 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled

right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

The lines and labels did go on with indelible markers... or so I
thought. LOL. I use the GPX Xylene markers for that.

FB Vid Link
https://www.facebook.com/robert.lalo...5887365435950/

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:27:02 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
The lines and labels did go on with indelible markers... or so I
thought. LOL. I use the GPX Xylene markers for that.

FB Vid Link
https://www.facebook.com/robert.lalo...5887365435950/

Well... It looked way, way faster than using an eraser to clear the
board off. And not even a tiny smudge afterwards ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/21/2021 1:27 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

FB Vid Link
https://www.facebook.com/robert.lalo...5887365435950/

Not laughing at you Bob!! Laughing with you!!

In a past life I was a Maintenance Supervisor for a plastic company.
I had a 4'x3' Magnetic Board on my office wall. Had all the major
equipment listed down the left side with Months and Weeks across the
top. Then with small magnetic chips in color for the various
Maintenance events such as Annuals, Semi Annuals, Monthly, Weekly,
Daily's across the board so it was known what was on schedule that
needed to be done each week. A very useful tool for the department!!

I left the employment to start my business, the company got bought
by another and eventually the place was shutdown and all equipment was
moved to another part of the state. The building was put up for sale
and was bought by a local custom machine shop about 20 years after I
left the place.

One day I was driving by and noticed the SOLD sign on the front and
the dock doors were open. New owner was moving in!! I thought it
would be nice to just do a walk-thru of the old place that I worked
in 20 years before for 14 years of my life.

Soooooo I walked in and no one was in sight. I walked further into
the building and heard some machine running further in. I walked
towards the sound. There was this guy running a floor scrubber in
the old production area. I walked over and introduced myself and
told him that I use to work there and would like to just have a
look around. He asked what my business was I said I owned a security
company. He said, well already have a quote on a security system, if
you want to give me one as well we could talk. I said that this was
not a sales call!! He said, no problem, just give me a quote. OK!!

I continued my "Self Guided" tour. Went to my old office. And there
on the wall was my Magnetic Planned Maintenance Schedule Board still
hanging on the wall with all the little colored Maintenance Tabs in
place!!

Ended up getting a New Customer and that board is still on that wall!!

As for the building itself there are places that I left my mark,
initials with dates in concrete and walls. Even to the point
that in the old compressor room is a 1-1/2" Steel Angle frame on
the wall to support a set of cooling fans that I built. Assembled
with my very first stick welding job. The welds looks like hell,
but, still together and functional now going on 46 years!!

BTW my stick welding had improved, especially after taking my first
Vo-Tech welding course about 3 years later.

Memories!!! Memories!!!

So Bob,
I hope your Magnetic Schedule Board serves you well into the future!!

Later,

Les

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 3/21/2021 10:12 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 3/21/2021 10:00 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental.* Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them.* All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

The lines and labels did go on with indelible markers... or so I
thought.* LOL.* I use the GPX Xylene markers for that.

On 3/21/2021 10:12 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
On 3/21/2021 10:00 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled
right off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

The lines and labels did go on with indelible markers... or so I
thought. LOL. I use the GPX Xylene markers for that.

FB Vid Link
https://www.facebook.com/robert.lalonde.581/videos/4145887365435950/

It looks like a shipping scuff protection film, and not the actual
dry-erase surface.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 13:00:34 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

when SWMBO makes that error, I can usually scrub it off with paint
thinner.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 09:45:48 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Ok, this is your opportunity to laugh, shake your head, and be
judgmental. Those dry erase jobs boards I painted yesterday had
protective plastic film on them. All my lines and labeling peeled right
off.

At least you didn't find out the new markers are indelible
ink and can't be erased ;-)

when SWMBO makes that error, I can usually scrub it off with paint
thinner.
-------------------------------

My first choice of cleaning solvent is 91% isopropyl alcohol because it's
less likely than acetone, paint or lacquer thinner to cause damage.

Ronsonol bottles are convenient dispensers that can be refilled with mineral
spirits, naphtha or Coleman fuel, all of which are purified aliphatic
hydrocarbons similar to lighter fluid.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Alternative - cork-board with lots of small tabs of paper pinned on.
Cut letter paper into about 8 equal pieces.
In use - one topic per "tab", dated.
Move around as makes sense of work flow.
Done jobs - can multi-stack under one "done" pin.