Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The value of manual skills

This is really good:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/64504...-h/64504-h.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/12/2021 11:12 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
This is really good:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/64504...-h/64504-h.htm

I have not read the link yet, but there are many times my manual
machines have saved the day in my mostly CNC shop. Sometimes only the
manual machine could get things working again. A few times the worst
(argueabley) machine in the shop. (Least good?)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...

On 2/12/2021 11:12 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
This is really good:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/64504...-h/64504-h.htm

I have not read the link yet, but there are many times my manual
machines have saved the day in my mostly CNC shop. Sometimes only the
manual machine could get things working again. A few times the worst
(argueabley) machine in the shop. (Least good?)

"When any people, regardless of race or geographical location, have not been
trained to habits of industry, have not been given skill of hand in youth,
and taught to love labour, a direct result is the breeding of a worthless
idle class, which spends a great deal of its time in trying to live by its
wits. If a community has been educated exclusively on books and has not been
trained in habits of applied industry, an unwholesome tendency to dodge
honest productive labour is likely to develop."