MP Toolman

Default Pinging Choiliefan

Hi,
You have a deal on the spindle, but I can't email you as you apparently have an
email block.

Mill
aka
Uncle Lucky

In article ,
Uncle Lucky wrote:

Hi,
You have a deal on the spindle, but I can't email you as you apparently

have
an
email block.

[ ... ]

Mill:
It's funny that any time money is involved AOL lets me down. Never a

problem
getting tons of spam and queries from Nigeria scams but if it means a couple
bucks in my pocket, without fail, I'm sol.

Well ... if you insist on posting with a munged e-mail address,

e.g. otion

(which is obviously munged) you've got to expect *real* people to have
problems if you don't bother pointing out in your .sig that there are
things which need to be done to fix the e-mail address. Note that in
some systems, when replying to news articles, the actual e-mail address
is not visible for long enough to make an impression.

Yes -- *I* see how to fix that, and so would anyone else who was
in a position to look at the address and think about it for a moment.

However -- you *can't* expect that address munging to have any
effect on copies of your address already captured years ago from
newsgroups, or captured from the address books of friends whose
computers get infected by the virii which harvest addresses for
spammers.

So -- you got the problem you asked for.

DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |

DoN:
Could be a blessing in disguise for all I know. I'm not as open as you've been
through the years. I still enjoy the Little Engines catalog I bought from you
a couple years ago.
Anyway, the deal is done Praise God and we all can move on.
Health & Peace,
Uncle Lucky
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Uncle Lucky wrote:

DoN:
Could be a blessing in disguise for all I know. I'm not as open as you've been
through the years.

Well ... I've been using the same e-mail address for since
sometime in the mid to late 1980s. :-) (And spam still comes
occasionally with CCs to addresses of mine which have been out of
service for at least that long. :-)

At this point, I don't want to change my e-mail address, so I am
very active in spam-blocking -- helped by running my own e-mail server,
so I *can* block as I wish.

I still enjoy the Little Engines catalog I bought from you
a couple years ago.

"Little Engines catalog"?

Perhaps from another Don or another Nichols on the newsgroup?

As far as I can remember, I never *had* such a catalog to sell.

But -- whoever you got it from, I'm glad that you're enjoying
it. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Uncle Lucky

I still enjoy the Little Engines catalog I bought from

you
a couple years ago.

"Little Engines catalog"?

Perhaps from another Don or another Nichols on the newsgroup?

As far as I can remember, I never *had* such a catalog to sell.

But -- whoever you got it from, I'm glad that you're enjoying
it. :-)

Good Luck,
DoN.

C'mon DoN, you sold me the thing and it was just a few bucks. Nothing the IRS
needs to worry about so don't sweat it.
Obviously it came from someone else.
All the best,
Lance