JJ

Default Prescription Safety Glasses online?

Hey can anyone recommend an online vendor for prescription safety
glasses. You know those really geeky ones with the integral side
shields, maybe mesh maybe ridgid plastic? Not looking to go cheap
where the eyeballs are concerned but not looking to overpay either.

Thanks!

Jay
Randal O'Brian

I think I saw some stick-on lower half magnifiers at the drug store. They
were made in different powers, but I don't know if they went all the way to
2X. If that fails, any good optometrist could prescribe what you need.

Randy

I wear contacts and use reading glasses. I'd like sone safety glasses that

have
a 2X magnifier like a bifocal lense. Surely they are made, I just can't

find
them.
Texas Parts Guy

Tom Young

Rex B wrote:

I wear contacts and use reading glasses. I'd like sone safety glasses that
have a 2X magnifier like a bifocal lense. Surely they are made, I just
can't find them.
Texas Parts Guy

MSC carries them -- look on pg. 2727 of the big book. They have several
different styles. I have the Crews "Engineer" model, but they're a little
cheap and don't stay on very well. I might try the Smith & Wesson style,
since I don't really care about the bifocal feature.

-Tom

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
t e y o u n g 1 "at" c o m c a s t "dot" n e t
Rex B

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:13:22 -0600, Tom Young
wrote:

||Rex B wrote:
|| I wear contacts and use reading glasses. I'd like sone safety glasses that
|| have a 2X magnifier like a bifocal lense. Surely they are made, I just
|| can't find them.
|| Texas Parts Guy
||MSC carries them -- look on pg. 2727 of the big book. They have several
||different styles. I have the Crews "Engineer" model, but they're a little
||cheap and don't stay on very well. I might try the Smith & Wesson style,
||since I don't really care about the bifocal feature.

I'll scope that out tonight - thanks

Texas Parts Guy

Steve Walker

www.19dollareyeglasses.com

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)
Richard J Kinch

JJ writes:

Hey can anyone recommend an online vendor for prescription safety
glasses. You know those really geeky ones with the integral side
shields, maybe mesh maybe ridgid plastic?

If you just need readers, get em from eBay, less than $10.
Bob Engelhardt

Steve Walker wrote:
www.19dollareyeglasses.com

I couldn't find safety glasses there. Bob
Roger Shoaf

You might not save much going the online route. Quite often opticians will
sell safety glasses at a smaller mark-up than "fashion" frames. As an
example Wal-Mart charged me less for a pair of titanium frames with safety
lenses than they did to put a set of lenses in my frames.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"JJ" wrote in message
Hey can anyone recommend an online vendor for prescription safety
glasses. You know those really geeky ones with the integral side
shields, maybe mesh maybe ridgid plastic? Not looking to go cheap
where the eyeballs are concerned but not looking to overpay either.

Thanks!

Jay

Richard J Kinch

Bob Engelhardt writes:

www.19dollareyeglasses.com

I couldn't find safety glasses there.

They offer polycarbonate ANSI-rated lenses in ordinary frames, not safety
glasses per se.

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 13:59:31 -0500, Richard J Kinch
calmly ranted:

Bob Engelhardt writes:

www.19dollareyeglasses.com

I couldn't find safety glasses there.

They offer polycarbonate ANSI-rated lenses in ordinary frames, not safety
glasses per se.

Yabbut the frames are all sub-25mm tall. I got some for computer
work and they are fine for that, but I wouldn't be caught DEAD
in the shop with them. They'd work UNDER safety goggles, though,
as would nearly any eyeglass frame.

give me The Luxuries Of Life * http://www.diversify.com
i can live without the necessities * 2 Tee collections online