Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forgotten Master Craftsmen of Yesterday (1936)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4R...ndex=8&list=WL
This documentary film shows the engineers and machinists of the past
performing a variety of tasks hand tools and equipment in 1936.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Tue, 13 Mar 2018
04:53:44 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4R...ndex=8&list=WL
This documentary film shows the engineers and machinists of the past
performing a variety of tasks hand tools and equipment in 1936.

Watchmaker Masahiro Kikuno, built a mechanical watch with variable
hours. Hand tools. 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1moRfIXCfak

I wish I could afford something like that.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 08:26:39 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Tue, 13 Mar 2018
04:53:44 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4R...ndex=8&list=WL
This documentary film shows the engineers and machinists of the past
performing a variety of tasks hand tools and equipment in 1936.

Watchmaker Masahiro Kikuno, built a mechanical watch with variable
hours. Hand tools. 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1moRfIXCfak

I wish I could afford something like that.

My hands are too large to even consider anything like that. I've
never been interested in the tiny stuff at all, happy to allow nanites
to do all the tedious stuff for me. (I can't wait for tech to catch
up to the point scifi authors have us playing with.)

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full
description of a happy state in this world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 04:53:44 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY4R...ndex=8&list=WL
This documentary film shows the engineers and machinists of the past
performing a variety of tasks hand tools and equipment in 1936.

I love watching the old factory films. Lots of stuff much the same
today..lots of stuff that is totally different

Thanks!!

---