Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1936 AUTOMOTIVE ASSEMBLY LINE

http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...ly-line-video/

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 15:33:46 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...ly-line-video/

No computers, no CNC.

No earplugs, but they did have quad hands-on safety buttons for those
larger presses.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...ly-line-video/

No computers, no CNC.

At least they knew what day it was.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 2, 12:11*pm, Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...-of-car-assemb...

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

What car was that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 3, 8:58*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 22:40:13 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Sep 2, 12:11*pm, Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...-of-car-assemb....

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

What car was that?

Based on a quick glimpse..it was a Ford.
When assembling the front grill..one can see a fast glimpse of the Ford
emblem.

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
*capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.

Interesting.
Didn't know Ford had a straight six in 1936...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...ly-line-video/

No computers, no CNC.

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

They didn't, until 1941. I noticed the same thing. It's not a Ford, but I
can't pin down what it is. Cars looked a lot alike in the mid-'30s.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Sep 2, 12:11 pm, Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...-of-car-assemb...

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

What car was that?

Based on a quick glimpse..it was a Ford.
When assembling the front grill..one can see a fast glimpse of the Ford
emblem.

Gunner

--

Interesting.
Didn't know Ford had a straight six in 1936...

They didn't, until 1941. I noticed the same thing. It's not a Ford, but I
can't pin down what it is. Cars looked a lot alike in the mid-'30s.

My bet is on a Desoto.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Sep 2, 12:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

that looks like a Chevrolet . My uncle had one like it.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

I thought it was a 4 banger. Ill have to view it again.

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an
Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense
and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have
such a man for their? president.. Blaming the prince of the
fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of
fools that made him their prince".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Sep 2, 12:11 pm, Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...-of-car-assemb...

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

What car was that?

Based on a quick glimpse..it was a Ford.
When assembling the front grill..one can see a fast glimpse of the Ford
emblem.

Gunner

--

Interesting.
Didn't know Ford had a straight six in 1936...

They didn't, until 1941. I noticed the same thing. It's not a Ford, but I
can't pin down what it is. Cars looked a lot alike in the mid-'30s.

My bet is on a Desoto.

SW

Check at 6:50. I was wrong..its not a Ford.

It may be a Dodge.

http://www.emblemagic.com/myimages/e.../1930s/DC6.jpg

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an
Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense
and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have
such a man for their? president.. Blaming the prince of the
fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of
fools that made him their prince".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 03 Sep 2011 06:58:50 -0700
wrote:

On Sep 2, 12:11*pm, Randy333 wrote:
http://www.dump.com/2011/07/15/fasci...-of-car-assemb...

ABSOLUTLY AMAZING....

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

What car was that?

Based on a quick glimpse..it was a Ford.
When assembling the front grill..one can see a fast glimpse of the Ford
emblem.

Beautiful film - did anyone else think of Fritz Lang's 1927
"Metropolis"?

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

But..., I've already viewed it twice already. Who cares, its ugly.

The part where they are pressing the frame parts, I can't see what's
going on.

Looks like in another part, they are riveting or spot welding the
frames together and have spinning power shafts to clamp the frame
straight and or force for the riveter?

But the Desoto had wings too looks like on the hood ornament. Noticed
the star, wonder if there where any crosses on cars... Which brings
up something I have noticed living up here and can't figure out. On
houses and buildings there are three dimensional 5 pointed stars made
out of tin I assume. Maybe like stars for family in and or lost in the
service?

SW

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

That is a section of "Master Hands" It's a GM line video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzJ_Tfic2FA

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Beautiful film - did anyone else think of Fritz Lang's 1927
"Metropolis"?

tschus
pyotr

Yup

That is a section of "Master Hands" It's a Chevrolet documentary video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzJ_Tfic2FA
is the full video

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1936 AUTOMOTIVE ASSEMBLY LINE vs New assembly line

wrote:

Beautiful film - did anyone else think of Fritz Lang's 1927
"Metropolis"?

tschus
pyotr

Yup

That is a section of "Master Hands" It's a Chevrolet documentary video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzJ_Tfic2FA
is the full video

Compare the above to this, I saw only one person. Well actually
just a pair of hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPxr2...eature=related

The word ROBOT is used alot.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Somebody mentioned the Avro Arrow Project

Somebody mentioned that their father worked on the Avro Arrow Project.
There was an obituary appeared recently in the the Hamilton Spectator
(Hamilton, Ontario, Canada):

William (Bill) Arthur Middleton, P.Eng., passed away August 4, 2011,
in his 93rd year.

I wonder if your Dad kew him?

Take care.

Brian Lawson.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message

Somebody mentioned that their father worked on the Avro Arrow Project.
There was an obituary appeared recently in the the Hamilton Spectator
(Hamilton, Ontario, Canada):

William (Bill) Arthur Middleton, P.Eng., passed away August 4, 2011,
in his 93rd year.

I wonder if your Dad kew him?

Take care.

Brian Lawson.

I wonder if his iron ring went back to be added to the next melt. It's what
is supposed to happen to them. I've asked my kids to send mine back to the
University Of Saskatchewan, when I finally turn my toes up.