Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Punch Press News gone?

I see Industrial Machine Trader is still around but PPN seems to be gone. Are there other trade rags still printing?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
I see Industrial Machine Trader is still around but PPN seems to be gone. Are there other trade rags still printing?

I started to get "assembly" and "metalworking & fabricating" magazines/ads
in the mail recently. I though all those print ad/magazines were dead.
Maybe now that nobody prints stuff they really stand and command higher
advertising prices.

Must admit, printed magazines are way easier to use and flip through than
a real ****ty website.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 05:28:14 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
I see Industrial Machine Trader is still around but PPN seems to be gone. Are there other trade rags still printing?

I started to get "assembly" and "metalworking & fabricating" magazines/ads
in the mail recently. I though all those print ad/magazines were dead.
Maybe now that nobody prints stuff they really stand and command higher
advertising prices.

Must admit, printed magazines are way easier to use and flip through than
a real ****ty website.

Manufacturing is coming back..so those magazines now have people to
buy stuff from their advertisers. Lets hope it continues on for
another 3 decades!!

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SteamboatEd Haas wrote:
I see Industrial Machine Trader is still around but PPN seems to be gone. Are there other trade rags still printing?

I started to get "assembly" and "metalworking & fabricating" magazines/ads
in the mail recently. I though all those print ad/magazines were dead.
Maybe now that nobody prints stuff they really stand and command higher
advertising prices.

Must admit, printed magazines are way easier to use and flip through than
a real ****ty website.

Manufacturing is coming back..so those magazines now have people to
buy stuff from their advertisers. Lets hope it continues on for
another 3 decades!!

I hope so.

Not sure anybody cares, but Apollo still makes plain brass quarter turn
ball valves in the USA. Been having a real hard time finding anything but
chicom trash, even at real plumbing distributors.

Someone pointed out that clamp on work lights with the aluminum reflector
are just completely unusable these days as they're so cheapy made and so
many corners have been cut from the original design that they just don't
work at all, in any capacity.