Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sheldon Lathe Identification

Have have been asked to help identify a Sheldon , given the way identifier:
K BUQ 1903
Is there such a model as the Sheldon K Series?
BUQ describes certain features of what I believe is a n 11" model.
I have pictures, but can't copy them here.

--
for full context, visit http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...on-638077-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/5/2017 7:18 AM, Roy 1946 wrote:
Have have been asked to help identify a Sheldon , given the way
identifier: K BUQ 1903
Is there such a model as the Sheldon K Series?
BUQ describes certain features of what I believe is a n 11" model. I
have pictures, but can't copy them here.

I have documents in the house - not in my library. What MODEL number is
it - on the name plate. Mine is a L11-44 which is a Marketing - the
way's are 44" and are measured from behind the head where the way starts
to the end of the way at the end. There are L-56 and such out there.
The 11 is the swing - divide by two to find center to the way. A 11"
diameter of something to turn.

I'll look for it tomorrow - If I don't get back - bug me. I have a DR
appointment tomorrow that might slow my thinking.

Martin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/5/2017 7:18 AM, Roy 1946 wrote:
Have have been asked to help identify a Sheldon , given the way
identifier: K BUQ 1903
Is there such a model as the Sheldon K Series?
BUQ describes certain features of what I believe is a n 11" model. I
have pictures, but can't copy them here.

I have two Sheldon booklets. My Sheldon 11 L-44 is a TLWQ 10406
The confusing thing on mine is the Marketing name lists it as an 11 with
a way of 44". Options are TLWQ serial 10406 The 10 is the 10" lathe.
Yep - both a 10 and 11 " on one leg set. So both booklets call out my
machine. There isn't a list of decode names but your BUQ Which might
be a very old machine. I believe (don't know for sure) TL is Timken
Bering in Headstock with unit L with V Belt not Flat belt (a K !!).
Find out if the belting is in V's or is a large flat belt. I think the
K is the belt not the model. Model is on nameplate on front of machine.
The 10" lathes have a simple Apron assembly while I have a complex
with friction and gearing. "Carriage unit K-119 might be yours does not
have a dial for threading. The 10" does. The 10" has a compound on
top as well. The Motor Drive unit is a double cone in mine, while the
"U" drive has control handles for preset speeds. That is the basic
stuff. There is a nice website in the UK that has machines of all sorts
and lets you do a picture and id check that way. Many documents. Good
luck - Martin

Sheldon lathe guys Bill Metalworking 9 April 17th 20 12:32 AM
Really old and rusty Sheldon Lathe Bruno Metalworking 1 November 4th 03 05:09 AM
FS - Sheldon lathe bed anthony Metalworking 1 October 8th 03 02:33 AM
FS-10" Sheldon lathe parts anthony Metalworking 0 October 1st 03 02:23 AM
FS- 10" Sheldon lathe parts anthony Metalworking 0 September 21st 03 12:36 PM