Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Steel mill mishap

Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Howard beel H wrote:
Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

That mess could be cleaned up in 45 minutes.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2016-09-08, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Howard beel H wrote:
Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

That mess could be cleaned up in 45 minutes.

But pretty spectacular. How often does it happen?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016 17:24:58 -0700, "Howard beel" H
wrote:

Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

Best Regards
Tom.

What caused the first one? The second was an overflow from a source
above.

How do they clean that sort of mess up? Lots of cutting torches?

Gunner

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 7:45:01 PM UTC-4, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Howard beel H wrote:
Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

That mess could be cleaned up in 45 minutes.

How?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

Best Regards
Tom.

What caused the first one?

Massive coolant leak?

Tried to reduce the carbon content of the melt by
injecting oxygen?

Furnace was over filled?

Computer control malfunction?

The second was an overflow from a source
above.

Looks like they tried to dump the unstable melt into the
slag pot/pit to save the furnace.

How do they clean that sort of mess up? Lots of cutting torches?

Oxygen lance to cut up the spill on the shop floor.

Gunner

This happened in italy in january 2016.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Howard beel H wrote:
Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

That mess could be cleaned up in 45 minutes.

How?

It was a joke. I have no idea how they'd clean that up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Howard beel H wrote:
Electric arc furnace malfunctions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVlUPtxGFlI

That mess could be cleaned up in 45 minutes.

How?

It was a joke. I have no idea how they'd clean that up.

Went right by me, I guess. I thought maybe you'd worked in steel mills and had some magic for it.

Polish Steel Mill Accident Jim Stewart Metalworking 3 March 26th 11 08:06 PM
new steel mill Wes[_2_] Metalworking 5 December 8th 07 08:57 PM
HELP: Powerwasher mishap???!!! Nobody Home Ownership 5 December 27th 05 05:20 PM
Bowl Mishap Barry N. Turner Woodturning 7 August 8th 05 05:09 PM
Removing mill scale from HR steel TT Metalworking 12 March 3rd 05 12:31 AM