Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default MIG C25 refill

I got a 60 cu ft cylinder refilled today - it was $52!! IIRC, the last
time that I refilled it was $30+- ('course that _was_ 2009). Has gas
gone way up, does it depend on where you are (I'm outside Boston), or
did I just get hosed? This was Airgas.

BTW - I discovered something this emptying: when the tank pressure gauge
shows zero, there is still can be a lot of gas left. As long as the
"flow" pressure gauge is registering, you're good to go.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'd get a different gauge and see if they match. You could have enough
there to come for a time. The initial pressure needed for the meter to
go into a region of reality is far from zero. Below the operation
range, anything goes as long as the pressure gauge measures that or
less. Most are good in the operating range and fall off in the low
ends in accuracy.

Propane tanks were great that way - cold propane puddles. Take off the
hose on the old kind with the valve open and nothing happens until it
warms up, then it out-gasses and makes a cloud of gas.

Martin

On 4/6/2016 10:06 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I got a 60 cu ft cylinder refilled today - it was $52!! IIRC, the last
time that I refilled it was $30+- ('course that _was_ 2009). Has gas
gone way up, does it depend on where you are (I'm outside Boston), or
did I just get hosed? This was Airgas.

BTW - I discovered something this emptying: when the tank pressure gauge
shows zero, there is still can be a lot of gas left. As long as the
"flow" pressure gauge is registering, you're good to go.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 23:06:49 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

I got a 60 cu ft cylinder refilled today - it was $52!! IIRC, the last
time that I refilled it was $30+- ('course that _was_ 2009). Has gas
gone way up, does it depend on where you are (I'm outside Boston), or
did I just get hosed? This was Airgas.

BTW - I discovered something this emptying: when the tank pressure gauge
shows zero, there is still can be a lot of gas left. As long as the
"flow" pressure gauge is registering, you're good to go.

Bob

Airgas is the most..most..most expensive gas supplier out there.
Airgas and PraxAir..which I think are related companies.

Check for the smaller less known suppliers and you will likely get a
better price. Gas DID go out a year or so ago..but the increase wasnt
that much. I get 135s filled for $45 at most suppliers around
here..not! Praxair or Airgas

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I got a 60 cu ft cylinder refilled today - it was $52!! IIRC, the last
time that I refilled it was $30+- ('course that _was_ 2009). Has gas
gone way up, does it depend on where you are (I'm outside Boston), or
did I just get hosed? This was Airgas.

BTW - I discovered something this emptying: when the tank pressure gauge
shows zero, there is still can be a lot of gas left. As long as the
"flow" pressure gauge is registering, you're good to go.

Bob

Airgas is the most..most..most expensive gas supplier out there.
Airgas and PraxAir..which I think are related companies.

Surprisingly, Airgas had a better (buy a tank) price than Industrial
Source, the only other gas supplier here in GP. I'll definitely check
prices when I need to refill, though.

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,

Propane bottle refill Bodgit UK diy 34 December 26th 13 11:21 AM
how to check & refill refrigerant? 2006Summer Home Repair 21 August 1st 06 11:10 PM
how to check & refill refrigerant? 2006Summer Home Ownership 11 July 27th 06 09:29 PM
How To Drain and Refill Boiler Vince Home Repair 7 September 11th 05 04:27 PM
Refill Hank Metalworking 1 March 10th 05 01:48 PM