Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacement multimeter test leads

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 20:51:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 19:29:25 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Belden and Alpha both used blue. I have a 1000' spool of black
silicone Belden HV wire out in my shop, somewhere. I always
preferred the Belden to any other brand of wire for making probes.

Ever find it and its in usable condition..Id buy 50' or so off you.

O.K. I need to haul off about four truckloads of recyclables before I
can get to it. I haven't been in that part of the garage in several
years. Not since the last time my dad moved, and left a bunch of stuff
in there, 'temporarily'.

With poor Mikey's feet, that may take him awhile. cringe

Just keep it in mind. Id love to make up some leads of several colors
using decent lead wire.

If you're in more of a hurry:

I picked up some of that 18ga Chiwanese silicone lead wire from the
Amazone and it's pretty nice. Red and black, 3M each, $3.89 delivered
in under 2 weeks from HK. http://tinyurl.com/hnagumn

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 11:58:17 AM UTC-4, Larry Jaques wrote:

Just keep it in mind. Id love to make up some leads of several colors
using decent lead wire.

If you're in more of a hurry:

I picked up some of that 18ga Chiwanese silicone lead wire from the
Amazone and it's pretty nice. Red and black, 3M each, $3.89 delivered
in under 2 weeks from HK. http://tinyurl.com/hnagumn

Thanks for reminding me that it would be good to have some kinkless wire on hand. Being a tight wad, I looked at Ebay and Aliexpress , and found that Aliexpress was a little cheaper. And bought some 20 gauge as well as some 18 gauge wire.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 20:00:41 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Thanks for reminding me that it would be good to have some kinkless wire on hand. Being a tight wad, I looked at Ebay and Aliexpress , and found that Aliexpress was a little cheaper. And bought some 20 gauge as well as some 18 gauge wire.

Old timer's trick. Tie a single loop knot in the leads next to the
meter connections and they'll never get tangled up again.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com