Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smart and Brown Model A lathes

Hello, New member here sailing under false colours I'm afraid, but seeking
information and illustrations for a book I am compiling on lathe screw cutting
gearboxes. Specifically I am looking for two good quality pictures of the
gearbox and pitch plate inside the change wheel cover for a model A with the
*Metric* gearbox. I hope someone here can help me and would be prepared to
post them to my email address at wood_y (@) btinternet (dot) com. The
address is all in lower case, no gaps, and there is an underscore between the
d and the y
Thank you in advance

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...es-625613-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

myford7man wrote:
Hello, New member here sailing under false colours I'm afraid, but
seeking information and illustrations for a book I am compiling on
lathe screw cutting gearboxes. Specifically I am looking for two good
quality pictures of the gearbox and pitch plate inside the change
wheel cover for a model A with the *Metric* gearbox. I hope someone
here can help me and would be prepared to post them to my email
address at wood_y (@) btinternet (dot) com. The address is all in
lower case, no gaps, and there is an underscore between the d and the
y Thank you in advance

Get a real newsreader and a news server . Most here have those who post
thru google and other web interfaces blocked . Mozilla Thunder bird and
eternal-september work well together and both are free . BTW , the interface
you are using is just that - an interface between usenet and the internet .
They may claim to originate the content you see , but they are NOT the
original source , most of what they have is "stolen" from the "real"
newsgroup system . This system was in use well before there was a www.
anything .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 19:18:01 +0000, myford7man
wrote:

Hello, New member here sailing under false colours I'm afraid, but seeking
information and illustrations for a book I am compiling on lathe screw cutting
gearboxes. Specifically I am looking for two good quality pictures of the
gearbox and pitch plate inside the change wheel cover for a model A with the
*Metric* gearbox. I hope someone here can help me and would be prepared to
post them to my email address at wood_y (@) btinternet (dot) com. The
address is all in lower case, no gaps, and there is an underscore between the
d and the y
Thank you in advance

What you're asking for is a fairly heavy lift, but, if you haven't
seen these photos already (I suspect that you have), contacting the
people who maintain this site may be your best chance:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/smartbrown/page2.html

Good luck!

--
Ed Huntress