Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford owner, in spades.

Total metalworking content.

From a Mustang owners forum:

" My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 synthentic oil like I was reccomended on here. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 8:44:09 AM UTC-8, Larry Jackass wrote:

That doesn't sound like any Ford owner I've ever known.
It highly resembles GM owners, though.
Dumb enough for Stryped, Mogulah, or any of the other trolls.

-- John Quincy Adams

There is no one in this group that's dumber than Larry Jackass. No one even comes close to this worthless ****.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 1:28:50 PM UTC-5, jon_banquer wrote:
On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 8:44:09 AM UTC-8, Larry Jackass wrote:

That doesn't sound like any Ford owner I've ever known.
It highly resembles GM owners, though.
Dumb enough for Stryped, Mogulah, or any of the other trolls.

There is no one in this group that's dumber than Larry Jackass. No
one even comes close to this worthless ****.

Yeah, Larry's one of the trolls and liars himself. He lashes out at people for no reason, then says he's always ignoring them. Then he says he's thinking of everyone. Pretty funny.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Garrett Fulton wrote:

Total metalworking content.

From a Mustang owners forum:

[...]

So, is this the do it yourself version of the "cash for clunkers" program?
Too bad this guy doesn't get the cash, though, sounds like he is going to
need it.

(The original post wasn't on April 1st, was it?)

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:32:56 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Garrett Fulton wrote:

Total metalworking content.

From a Mustang owners forum:

[...]

I HAVE flushed an engine out with water - but not running it.
Had a Boat-tail Buick Riviera come in with a gash in the oil pan from
driving over a curb with a chunk of rebar sticking out.

He had to go th Chicago the next day (saterday) and changing the pan
would require pulling the engine - and no pan avaialable immediately.

I drained the engine, then flushed it with hot soapy water from the
car-wash. Then I used the slide-hammer dent puller to pull the torn
edges back down into place, cleaned the pan with a stiff wire
brush-wheel, then had my apprentice sit on top of the engine, with the
car on the hoist, discharging a co2 extinguisher in spurts into the
oil filler. I was below with the torch brazing the pan back together
and brazing a patch on it..

When finished brazing it I poured some good used oil in and ran the
engine up to full operating temperature, then drained it and put in
new oil and filter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Garrett Fulton wrote:

Total metalworking content.

From a Mustang owners forum:

[...]

Well, you used _soapy_ water. The guy in the original post used _plain_
water, which, as we all know, isn't slippery.

Sometimes the devil is in the details.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Garrett Fulton wrote:

Total metalworking content.

From a Mustang owners forum:

[...]

The "detail" is I didn't run the engine with the water in it!!!!

But I have seen engines run with the crankcase filled with nothing but
clean water (demonstrating the effect of some fancy oil additive's
"plating action".

Ford F-150 Ed Huntress Metalworking 237 June 29th 16 10:39 PM
'32 ford anyone? Richard[_9_] Metalworking 22 January 27th 14 04:22 AM
Ford Axles Snag[_3_] Metalworking 5 July 24th 10 04:30 AM
Four Tips When Choosing New Ford Truck Seat Covers.(ford truckaccessory) [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 29th 08 04:12 AM
Henry Ford Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 2 March 10th 08 05:23 PM