Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Work boots that last

OK, I had a pair of Wolverine pull-on boots that were extremely nice
and wore great. Over time, the lining wore out to the point that it
traps my foot and I can barely pull it out.

I am looking for something that is a pull-on leather boot with safety
toe that is waterproof and I can wear daily for at least over one
year.

Any suggestions. I do realize that I have to pay for quality.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus4604 fired this volley in
:

Any suggestions. I do realize that I have to pay for quality.

Ig,
I had a pair of Redwing pull-ons, when I had a working farm. They were
used for wet, dry, concrete, dirt, and chicken **** (actual chicken ****)
duty, and they lasted four full years of daily use (except for the
occasional drying).

A plastic, forced-air "column-style" boot dryer is inexpensive, and worth
every penny to maintain good leather boots. So is a good bar of saddle
soap (with a stiff fingernail brush), a tin of 'boot wax' (really a
grease with some wax in it), and a small bottle of Neat's Foot Oil (an
8oz bottle lasted me about two years).

If you think you'll ever get them really wet, count on maybe getting a
half-size larger than fits well at the store!

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Red Wing makes steel toe boots that slip on and the sole can be
'semi-smooth' or sure grip. The soles were replaceable when I bough
my last pair I have two sets in use steel and dress/work. The steel are
the oldest and I use in the shop.

Martin

On 10/21/2015 6:18 PM, Ignoramus4604 wrote:
OK, I had a pair of Wolverine pull-on boots that were extremely nice
and wore great. Over time, the lining wore out to the point that it
traps my foot and I can barely pull it out.

I am looking for something that is a pull-on leather boot with safety
toe that is waterproof and I can wear daily for at least over one
year.

Any suggestions. I do realize that I have to pay for quality.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 18:18:18 -0500, Ignoramus4604
wrote:

OK, I had a pair of Wolverine pull-on boots that were extremely nice
and wore great. Over time, the lining wore out to the point that it
traps my foot and I can barely pull it out.

I am looking for something that is a pull-on leather boot with safety
toe that is waterproof and I can wear daily for at least over one
year.

Any suggestions. I do realize that I have to pay for quality.

=============
is this the type you want?

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...20work%20boots

http://workboots.com/wolverine-raider-multishox-romeo-st-brown?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term={key word}&utm_campaign=bingads#/18408/1058,1742,5132/1
http://www.georgiaboot.com/georgia-romeo-shoes/
http://workingperson.com/footwear-1/...meo-boots.html

http://www.drmartens.com/us/Men%2525...tor/p/16473201

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

OK, I had a pair of Wolverine pull-on boots that were extremely nice
and wore great. Over time, the lining wore out to the point that it
traps my foot and I can barely pull it out.

I am looking for something that is a pull-on leather boot with safety
toe that is waterproof and I can wear daily for at least over one
year.

Any suggestions. I do realize that I have to pay for quality.

The best work boots I have ever had were hiking boots. I'll be
ordering a couple more pairs soon. The boots are made by Alico. They
are Italian made. I have bought Italian made hiking boots for over 40
years and they have been the best boots I have ever owned. I have
tried boots from other countries but the Italians seem to understand
my feet better. I have high arches and wide feet which makes it hard
to get shoes that fit well. The boots I get from Alico I buy from
Sierra. The boots ALWAYS fit perfectly from the first day, no breaking
in to make them comfortable. The guy who re-soles my boots told me to
get two pair and to alternate days wearing them. This makes the lining
last much longer. Expect to pay around $250.00 for the Alico boots.
They are worth more. I am hard on boots and I get about four years
wear out of the Alico boots. That includes one re-soling.
Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

With the work Iggy does, I'd be willing to bet that he will buy only
steel toed, steel shank boots. If I were demoing a lot of stuff, I'd
want them, too.

As it is, I've worn tennies for most of my life (mostly Reebok classic
ballistics with the 1" thick foam sole. LOVE 'em.) I've never even
_owned_ a set of wingtips, thankyouverymuch). I often walk a mile or
more a day, so foot comfort is of utmost importance to me. I may be
che^H^H^Hfrugal, but I buy something which gives me good arch support
and allows me to stand on concrete all day if necessary. A couple
years ago, when Classic Reeboks got up over $40/pr, I found some other
good hiking boots at Big 5: Denali Incite and Avia Lo/Conexus Lite
trail boots. Both under $30 (sales) and last at least 2 years apiece.

--
Some people confuse change with progress.
--Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I don't know if Alico boots can be had with steel toes. But I'm only
buying hiking boots and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Alico made
work boots too. My point was that the boots I get are comfortable AND
durable. I thought maybe Ig would want to look them up.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ayup, and he could afford 'em.

-
To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want
to change the world who are causing all the trouble.
--Anonymous

Work boots Matty F UK diy 22 July 21st 13 01:48 PM
Work boots Kern Home Repair 15 January 3rd 13 02:33 PM
UGG Ultra boots$B!$(BUgg Classic boots$B!$(BUGG Ultimate Cuff boots$B!$(BUgg Sundance Grab Bag$B!$(Bcosieboots [email protected] Woodworking 0 November 19th 08 03:03 AM
Steel Toe Boots Tom Watson Woodworking 40 October 2nd 08 02:25 AM
difficult boots Ams UK diy 7 November 27th 05 09:41 PM