Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dismantling a double hull stainless tank

I have this tank, which I craned today:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Stainless...-Hull-Tank.jpg

(craning was done before wine consumption)

It is carbon steel on the outside, stainless inside, cork insulation
in the middle.

I need to separate stainless and carbon steel for scrap.

My question is how is the inside typically attached to the outside.

My best hope right now is that the inner hull was simply inserted into
the outer hull with very little welds between them. So, I hope, I can
just make a circular cut on one side where the mouth is, and pull out
the inner body from the outer.

Makes sense?