Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chinese factory

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:33:08 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 09:43:08 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

In the case of People's Daily, it's only nominally a journalistic
enterprise. It's really Communist Party PR. Writing the wrong thing
for them probably could get you "disappeared." g

Unless it's national security related it would probably be similar to
what would happen if a Fox News reporter heaped praise on Nancy
Peolosi.

Abrupt and irrevocable truncation of one's career at that particular
establishment.

So, what happened when Megan bushwhacked The Donald the other night?
Is she still working there? Talk about self-destructive, Fox/Megan.

--
The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed
until they try to take it. --Thomas Jefferson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:27:26 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015 07:47:18 +0700, John B.
wrote:

"Oh Man, it is Soooo cool" would turn out when translated to Chinese
:-)

Niu bi! (or in mixed company just niu)

(literall translation- 'Cow c*nt'). The second character rarely even
appears in print - even in older dictionaries. Slang does not
translate literally..

--sp

On the other hand, "stupidforeigner" seems to be a word in several
Asian (and maybe European) languages :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Neon John wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 10:16:31 -0500, Ignoramus29244
wrote:

``...Since the robots came to the plant the defect rate of products
has dropped from over 25 per cent to less than 5 per cent...''

Thus defines the term "chinese junk"!!! We use a US box builder to
actually manufacture our products. The after-burn-in defect rate
they're held to is 0.1%. They're at least an order of magnitude
better.

I had someone who represented a chines OEM that bragged they had a
..1% failure rate on their passives. Considering there were 1800 passives
in one of our products the chance of anything working right out of
production was too low. So what if they cost less than half of the
approved vendors, when the troubleshooting and rework costs would cost
much more than the passives?

Even well known vendors would ship shoddy parts. I removed Beckman
from our AVL because they refused to admit they were shipping us
defective washable trimpots. Six months later, we received a letter that
blamed the defective parts on defective o-rings. That was after in house
testing revealed a failure rate approaching 25%. Boards would be tested
and calibrated, but by the time the systems were complete, the water and
approved board cleaning solvent had mostly baked out. That require a
second, third or even more rounds of calibration. We switched to
Bourns, with a failure rate so low that we didn't even track it.