Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how to sell a Maxmat V10

My father passed away recently leaving us a Maxmiat V10 lathe, with what
appears to be a lot of accessories.

I would like to know how to value this machine, and where we may be able
to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schaffner

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...10-614127-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 11:18:04 PM UTC-5, Jeff wrote:
My father passed away recently leaving us a Maxmiat V10 lathe, with what
appears to be a lot of accessories.

I would like to know how to value this machine, and where we may be able
to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schaffner

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...10-614127-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Jeff,

That's a high-end hobby lathe, Austrian. Many of them were used in labs and prototype shops. They are highly regarded despite some weak points. Some of those came with a milling column that bolts to the backside of the bed. If yours is complete with the milling attachment and all the usual tooling, it would easily bring $1500-$2000 here (Texas).

I would probably list it on Craigs List first, then after a couple weeks go to Hobby-machinist.com or PracticalMachinist.com. Ideally, have someone knowledgeable and local go through it and identify all the thins that should go with it, and take good photos.

Good luck

Rex

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 15 May 2015 04:18:02 +0000, Jeff
wrote:

My father passed away recently leaving us a Maxmiat V10 lathe, with what
appears to be a lot of accessories.

I would like to know how to value this machine, and where we may be able
to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

There's a Yahoo Group/maillist dedicated to the V10.
Search Yahoo groups for
emcoV10lathe
friendly helpfull people with good advice. Sign up for a while and ask
some questions there.
Regards Malcolm.

--
remove sharp objects to get a valid email address