Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default how to sell a Maxmat V10

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 11:18:04 PM UTC-5, Jeff wrote:
My father passed away recently leaving us a Maxmiat V10 lathe, with what
appears to be a lot of accessories.

I would like to know how to value this machine, and where we may be able
to sell it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schaffner

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...10-614127-.htm

Jeff,

That's a high-end hobby lathe, Austrian. Many of them were used in labs and prototype shops. They are highly regarded despite some weak points. Some of those came with a milling column that bolts to the backside of the bed. If yours is complete with the milling attachment and all the usual tooling, it would easily bring $1500-$2000 here (Texas).

I would probably list it on Craigs List first, then after a couple weeks go to Hobby-machinist.com or PracticalMachinist.com. Ideally, have someone knowledgeable and local go through it and identify all the thins that should go with it, and take good photos.

Good luck

Rex