Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default THE ALARM Number 2

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 8:52:50 PM UTC-5, David R. Birch wrote:
On 3/2/2015 10:54 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I don't know about the rest,

Interesting concept. But back in reality - realistically speaking - how could you really "know" about anyone else except yourself?

but your role seems to be to defend the
oligarchy,

People who go onto a rec newsgroup have a "role"? You actually believe what you are saying too, I bet.

Anyway, why does the wealth of any other group somehow adversely affect you - only if you are too proud to ask for help - financially or otherwise?

which means you can't admit that what I say is true.

If you want to be seen as truthful, why don't you support what you say with evidence?

Hell, even Karl Rove didn't know who was going to win.

Yes, he's higher among the oligarchy's minions than you are, but not
that high.

Is everyone conspiring against you, David?

Nope, not against me, they wouldn't bother when they already run the
whole country.

Well who is "they" ?? The people who would conspire against you, otherwise? And that's even assuming that they'd presume to know you in the first place.

What I see about them is no threat to them.

If you've never even met any of them, why are you guessing about them? I know, because it seems cool to do so, right? Join the crowd, right?

Here's something easier, David. Next time there's an election, get off
your butt and vote.

I do. It's one of my futility rites. Like playing in a rigged game
because it's the only game in town.

And what does that mean? That your candidate never wins? You voted for
Kerry?

No, it means no candidate really "wins". Or "loses".

Oh. You could have fooled me. I thought that the one who wins gets to
be president.

The one who gets to be President is the one who had the game rigged in
his favor.

If she or he works all her life to try to be in a presidential position, then all-of-a-sudden, she has planned all of her life to become some evil tyrant who terrorizes the world, right? Just like something you'd see on B-grade TV, right?

Maybe your history books are different.

History books are written by the victors...except in the former
Confederacy, of course...

Rebels are in every country. They always have their special view.

I try to vote for the one I think will do less damage. It's getting
harder to tell.

I'm getting the feeling that it wouldn't matter what they did or
didn't do; you'd feel the same.

Yes, it is true that no matter who "wins", the same ones benefit. Not us.

So you know everyones' future without any doubt, huh? All this guessing is somehow better than trying to make friends and be a friend to everyone you ever met - from a young age. That way later, if you ever are in tough times, you also have connections.

Oh well, but what good would that do? Now you are one of the ultimate evil oligarchs too, right?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/4/2015 2:20 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 8:52:50 PM UTC-5, David R. Birch wrote:
On 3/2/2015 10:54 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

I don't know about the rest,

Interesting concept. But back in reality - realistically speaking -
how could you really "know" about anyone else except yourself?

Are you too dense to recognize that that is exactly what I meant?

but your role seems to be to defend the oligarchy,

People who go onto a rec newsgroup have a "role"? You actually
believe what you are saying too, I bet.

Are you implying that you don't believe anything you say here? If that's
true, maybe you aren't the buffoon that you present.

Anyway, why does the wealth of any other group somehow adversely
affect you - only if you are too proud to ask for help - financially
or otherwise?

When some of that wealth came out of my pocket, it affects me. The
wealth of this country has been flowing from the middle class to the 1%
for a long time.

which means you can't admit that what I say is true.

If you want to be seen as truthful, why don't you support what you
say with evidence?

What kind of evidence will be acknowledged by people like you who
apparently can't even see what's going on around them?

Nope, not against me, they wouldn't bother when they already run
the whole country.

Well who is "they" ?? The people who would conspire against you,
otherwise? And that's even assuming that they'd presume to know you
in the first place.

Why do you keep repeating the points I've made as if that refutes them?

What I see about them is no threat to them.

If you've never even met any of them, why are you guessing about
them? I know, because it seems cool to do so, right? Join the
crowd, right?

Nah, I stopped worrying about cool when I was very young. I see you're
not there yet.

The one who gets to be President is the one who had the game rigged
in his favor.

If she or he works all her life to try to be in a presidential
position, then all-of-a-sudden, she has planned all of her life to
become some evil tyrant who terrorizes the world, right? Just like
something you'd see on B-grade TV, right?

You tell me, I don't watch much TV.

Maybe your history books are different.

History books are written by the victors...except in the former
Confederacy, of course...

Rebels are in every country. They always have their special view.

Exactly.

Yes, it is true that no matter who "wins", the same ones benefit.
Not us.

So you know everyones' future without any doubt, huh? All this
guessing is somehow better than trying to make friends and be a
friend to everyone you ever met - from a young age. That way later,
if you ever are in tough times, you also have connections.

Been there, done that, have the friends and connections. No oligarchs,
though.

Oh well, but what good would that do? Now you are one of the ultimate
evil oligarchs too, right?

Nope, I don't like the mustache wax that is needed for a proper Snidely
Whiplash effect.

David