Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Casio Keybpard

On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 6:53:40 PM UTC-5, Phil Allison wrote:
wrote:

Not that they have all that much money, but musicians are a little bit like (and I hate to use the term because I resemble it some) audiophools. They like the tube stuff, and even older solid state stuff.

** IME, musicians are even worse than audiophools.

Audiphools listen only to recorded music with a bunch of equipment they know and can see, decided if they like the sound or not and blame the least likely piece of equipment for the latter outcome.

Musicians listen to THEMSELVES playing via equipment they
know, can see and fiddle with, decide if they like the sound
and blame the equipment if they do not.

Its pretty crazy.

was saying that people don't want to read bull**** like this, but I disagree. A lot of this (from a 1960's music perspective) is not weird, but still ... its and odd perspective.

You have a 15 year old kid about to enter college in an electrical engineering program. What's he (or she) thinking in a sniveling bratty manner? Probably:

"what? you mean you MANUALLY play a guitar? a synthesizer? drums? You're joking right? me and my friends make use our phones to design an interface, CPU, memory, power processor and audio and other hardware all to fit in a microscopic compartment so small, you can't even see it. In some cases - even with a microscope. Because its so small, it will use less energy."

Comparing stuff like that with more "traditional" music design and repair that you are used to just makes the whole thing look odd. But hey, it all works if you are comfy, right?.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"You have a 15 year old kid about to
enter college in an electrical
engineering program. *What's he (or she) thinking in a sniveling bratty
manner? "*

Actually I thinkj those who go for
that have a better, or at least more
practical (in a perfect world) mind
than those who decide to go for liberal arts. My ilk and I call liberal arts - "basket weaving". Unfortunately that
partly applies to musicians. Most of
them*

Yeah, I imagine that's been the question almost forever. How does someone get famous throwing concert after concert?

Do a bunch of statisticians get together at audition after audition and poll audiences on which person for which part is best and the money people come in and finance the show based on the poll results?

I wouldn't be surprised.