Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Featherlite 3111 open car hauler empty weight

I own a Featherlite 3111 car hauler. Without
pulling up to a DOT scales, I cannot determine the
actual empty weight. Can anyone enlighten me as
to the actual empty weight?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ht-609106-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 01/11/2015 5:18 PM, Carl wrote:
I own a Featherlite 3111 car hauler. Without
pulling up to a DOT scales, I cannot determine the
actual empty weight. Can anyone enlighten me as
to the actual empty weight?

www.fthr.com/~/media/FeatherliteCMS/Files/Weight%20Indexes/Car-Trailer-Weights.pdf

The don't seem to have a 3111 per se, but I'd think you could
interpolate well enough from the table to be close enough for virtually
any purpose...

If not, call 'em and ask...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:18:02 +0000, Carl
wrote:

I own a Featherlite 3111 car hauler. Without
pulling up to a DOT scales, I cannot determine the
actual empty weight. Can anyone enlighten me as
to the actual empty weight?

What does Featherlite say?

Smartass answer:
1) OK, first you rent the crane...

Alternatives:

2) Go buy or sell some scrap metal. They'll weigh you before and
after.

3) Go to your local landscape supply yard and ask how much they'll
charge you to weigh your trailer, or truck/trailer combo. Chances are
that this time of year, the guys will do it for free to beat the
boredom. (Oh, if you're in a snowy area, rotsa ruck. They may be
closed for months.)

4) Quarries have scales, too. Go ask there. At worst, buy half a
yard of gravel for five bucks. They'll weigh you before and after.

5) Some concrete companies have scales.

6) Search the Internet. (no 3111) http://tinyurl.com/k3rmnsb full url:
http://www.fthr.com/~/media/Featherl...er-Weights.pdf

--
In an industrial society which confuses work and productivity, the
necessity of producing has always been an enemy of the desire to create.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Carl wrote:
I own a Featherlite 3111 car hauler. Without
pulling up to a DOT scales, I cannot determine the
actual empty weight. Can anyone enlighten me as
to the actual empty weight?

What length and width? 14X8, 14X8.5, 17.5X8, 17.5X8.5
Aluminum or wood deck?
Other options?

The 14 foot version 8.5 foot wide, no options except fenders is around
950-975 pounds if I remember right.

The longer version was 1450 IIRC.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Steve W. , Carl wrote:
csr684 wrote:

What length and width? 14X8, 14X8.5, 17.5X8, 17.5X8.5
Aluminum or wood deck?
Other options?
The 14 foot version 8.5 foot wide, no options except fenders is around
950-975 pounds if I remember right.
The longer version was 1450 IIRC.
--
Steve W.

Thank you kindly for your response. My trailer is a 17.5 ft. with
aluminum floor. This issue just popped up over this weekend, hence no
official offices are open to inquire. I need to depart early Monday
morning (tomorrow) to deliver some aircraft parts and since this trailer
is not registered, I wanted to make sure I am legal. The State of Kansas
exempts trailers from registration if the total weight of the trailer and
cargo is under 2000 lbs. At 1450 lbs. empty wt. and a light load, looks
like I am legal to go. Thanks again for your helpful input.

Carl