Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default repair MB for CNC control computer

My CNC control computer quit for the umpteenth time due to CPU
overheat...

The little plastic tabs that hold the cooling fan to the CPU keep
breaking off. I found a way to clamp the cooling fan back on when the
first and second one broke. Friday the third one went. Spent most of
the day Saturday getting a backup computer running. But, I should get
this repaired.

OK, its a SOYO SY-P4I84PE ISA motherboard. Here's a link that shows a
picture of it:
http://tinyurl.com/kd7mr2v Note, I can get a used one on eBay for
only $495 or a new one for $1295. guess they won't give ISA slot
motherboards away. I just need the little plastic base that goes
around the slot 478 CPU and the clamp levers (lost one). This has GOT
to be a part used on other motherboards. Anyone know computers well
enough to know what scrap MB to look for?

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/kd7mr2v

Intel Socket 478?
Get a coplete aftermarket fan assembly. If it doesn't come with the
mounting base, get http://www.suntekstore.com/goods.php?id=10008102

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
[...]

Could you use an aftermarket gamer cooler?
Amazon shows several under $10, or you could spring for a "Scythe
Ninja" for $60.

http://www.xoxide.com/lamptron-fc10s...ontroller.html

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:01:45 +0000 (UTC), Ian Malcolm
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/kd7mr2v

Intel Socket 478?
Get a coplete aftermarket fan assembly. If it doesn't come with the
mounting base, get http://www.suntekstore.com/goods.php?id=10008102

BINGO, that's the base. Now i just need to find the stupid little
clamp I lost.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Search Google/ google shopping for "Socket 478 Pentium 4 CPU Fans and
Heatsinks"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:01:45 +0000 (UTC), Ian Malcolm
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote in
m:

http://tinyurl.com/kd7mr2v

Intel Socket 478?
Get a coplete aftermarket fan assembly. If it doesn't come with the
mounting base, get http://www.suntekstore.com/goods.php?id=10008102

BINGO, that's the base. Now i just need to find the stupid little
clamp I lost.

Most of these things are just to make assembly faster, like snap-in.
In general, a bolt washer and nut will do the job in most cases.

Jon