Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eric Cantor is out!

thinbluemime2
2:30 PM (16 minutes ago)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:51:36 -0400, Barb May

thinbluemime2 wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:16:04 -0400, Barb May

On 2014-06-11 7:45 AM, Kirby Grant wrote:
On 10-Jun-2014, "Barb May" wrote:

He lost the primary to a bagger.

lololol

--
Barb

Gee, I wonder how that happened? I'm guessing it didn't happen in a
vacuum. The thing is, Cantor is a member of the leadership. We
needed to get
him out of the way. By helping a bagger win the primary, we know
that he will be easy to defeat in the November elections and in the
next Congress there will be a Democrat filling that seat. It is
fairly easy to make teabaggers look silly and ridiculous.

Covert politics do work. We can do amazing things just by
controlling who can be on the ballot.

You say that as if the Democratic Party somehow engineered Cantor's
defeat. As I understand it, _Republicans_ wanted him out because of
some really sleazy dealings within the party and chose someone else
to represent this party this time around.

As usual, the way you understand it is wrong. The Republican
establishment supported Cantor. He outspent his opponent by 10 to 1.
He was torpedoed by the extreme Right over immigration reform.

Dave Brat, who defeated the number-two Republican in the House by a
56-44 margin, tore into big business almost as frequently as he did
the
incumbent. "I am running against Cantor because he does not represent
the citizens of the 7th District, but rather large corporations
seeking
insider deals, crony bailouts and a constant supply of low-wage
workers," declared the challenger.

Cantor dismissed Brat as a "liberal college professor."

http://www.thenation.com/blog/180189...ny-capitalism#

I would argue Brat won in spite of rather than because of his rants
against big business. Conservative Virginians still believe all that
"job creator" and "trickle-down" nonsense. They love guns and big
business, and they hate immigrants.

Where's the beef?
"Federal Election Commission records show Cantor's PAC spent at least
$168,637 on steakhouses"

That's OK. I for one like steakhouses.

(and it helped me that he's out)

ping: surplusdealdude (Eric) Morris Dovey Woodworking 3 January 24th 09 02:37 PM
ERIC A. RUDNEY Rudney UK diy 1 November 10th 07 08:14 PM
BORRAH MINEVITCH-CARUSO-TED LEWIS JAZZ-EDDIE CANTOR-EBAY F/A UNIVERSAL MIND Electronics Repair 0 February 8th 05 03:57 PM
Eric Clapton gets CBE Andy Evans UK diy 187 January 13th 04 10:45 AM