Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ping: surplusdealdude (Eric)

I think this might be worth its own thread...

Eric, elsethread you said "I sell UHMW and have cut it for more than 10
years."

Please consider yourself invited to toot your horn - a lot of
woodworkers find ourselves in need of this stuff from time to time. Are
you (or do you want to be) a small-quantity source?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 23, 11:26*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
I think this might be worth its own thread...

Eric, elsethread you said "I sell UHMW and have cut it for more than 10
years."

Please consider yourself invited to toot your horn - a lot of
woodworkers find ourselves in need of this stuff from time to time. Are
you (or do you want to be) a small-quantity source?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

What Morris said....
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default surplusdealdude (Eric)

"Morris Dovey" wrote

................................ UHMW ......................

Wazzat den?

Jeff

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 23, 12:27*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 23, 11:26*am, Morris Dovey wrote:

I think this might be worth its own thread...

Eric, elsethread you said "I sell UHMW and have cut it for more than 10
years."

Please consider yourself invited to toot your horn - a lot of
woodworkers find ourselves in need of this stuff from time to time. Are
you (or do you want to be) a small-quantity source?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

What Morris said....

Hi guys,

Toot.

I have UHMW sheet from time to time at my online store;

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/The-Grea...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Not much right now - I just recently moved the store from ebay Canada
to the main site and I haven't got everything up and running yet.
Most of what we have is UHMW blocks and Rod stock.

I do have Delrin in the store and I'm adding more over the next week
or so. I consider Delrin superior to UHMW because it's more stable
dimensionally and it acts like it's more slippery than UHMW despite
the fact that the specs say it's not.

I also make the UHMW assortments that you'll see in Woodcraft and Lee
Valley tools;

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4299

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43576,43581

The coloured UHMW is no longer available ( the supplier disappeared on
us), but what's in the bags is the best deal on UHMW you'll likely
find. There are assortments of long pieces as well - Woodcraft has an
SKU for them, but you'll have to go to Lee Valley's store to find them
because they won't ship them.

I have also made a Help center for UHMW - how to cut it, drill it,
rout it, etc - you can always email me through that;

http://groups.google.com/group/uhmwtips

ERIC A. RUDNEY Rudney UK diy 1 November 10th 07 08:14 PM
ATTN Eric Snow .22 cylinder Artemia Salina Metalworking 3 October 4th 05 04:33 AM
Eric Johnson, how is your GI 15" planer doing? TheNewGuy Woodworking 4 March 8th 05 12:35 PM
New "old" books from Eric Sloane Charlie Self Woodworking 6 April 2nd 04 07:53 PM
Eric Clapton gets CBE Andy Evans UK diy 187 January 13th 04 10:45 AM