Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tool rolls for wrenches?

On Tue, 13 May 2014 03:47:15 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Ive finally worn out my HF and HD tool bags. I use 2 bags..one for
ASA, one for Metric tools and both have sprung leaks as the seams
ripped out.

So I was thinking about making tool rolls, for end wrenches, drifts
and punches etc etc.

Anyone have any opinion on the ones from Home Depot?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-Bo...0003/205070665

Or should I hit a fabric store and buy a couple yards of heavy canvas
and sew up my own?

Anyone make their own? Hints and tricks would be appreciated.

And what weight canvas/material should I get?

I carry tools as a service tech..so Im banging them around in the back
of the truck for a lot..a lot of miles

Thanks!

Gunner

My mother made a couple for my dad using pillow ticking but I dobt
that this material is even available nowdays.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

My wife makes them for me but the secret is the material, as Gunner
says. I made the heavier duty ones from "Sunbrella" which is a heavy
canvas like material used for canopies on boats and is EXPENSIVE! (I
had a mate who ran a canvas shop and would give me remnants :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

It is. I've seen it on brand new COUCHES! urp

I haven't found any reasonably priced tool rolls lately, either, and
have been toying with rolling my own this time. My thoughts are with
using cordura, denim, or naugahyde, but canvas twill should be good,
too. I've bought a couple yards of this off eBay in the past years
and haven't built anything from them yet, so I'll probably finish
cleaning and lubing up the new $135 Singer walking foot machine I got
and go to work. I want more for my wood chisels, too, and for the
rasps and files coming my way. kaff, kaff I took the 22 piece
Pittsburgh combination wrench set and put it on a safety-pinlike
carabiner, but that's not working out at all. They're noisy in the
truck and hard to get off the clip. I need a manly tool roll, by
cracky! Oh, the walker came with a roll of binding, so I already have
the edge-finishing material here.

Cordura gets my first try.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.

Tool rolls for wrenches? whit3rd Metalworking 0 May 14th 14 12:24 AM
I've finally found the answer ! tool rolls ! sm_jamieson UK diy 24 February 23rd 13 07:48 PM
Bluepoint wrenches Zz Yzx Metalworking 1 March 25th 12 02:57 PM
Bonney wrenches? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 10 September 11th 04 05:16 AM