Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Filling a 20 liter CO2 tank for soda

On Friday, January 4, 2013 6:18:09 PM UTC-8, Ignoramus15934 wrote:
A while ago, we bought a Sodastream soda machine. We were happy for a

while, until the sticker shock of replacing their tanks with a custom

connector.

To avoid paying for that, I acquired a 20 lb CO2 tank that was

attached to a Coke machine, so it is food grade etc. I bought an

adapter for CGA 320 that fits Sodastream.

All good and dandy and everything forks just great.

The question now is, where to fill the tank. I guess that I can go to

airgas, but it is not that close, neither to me, nor to my work. Any

other alternatives?

Also, is there such a thing as food grade co2? Or can I get welding

co2?

I just got a 5 lb CO2 tank, now just want to find the connecter to refill the Sodastream tanks, anyone know of a good place without paaying $50, ouch. Got 1 for paintball