Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Thank God for the internet!

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:19:12 PM UTC-5, news13 wrote:

Pine has trouble out performing dried cow manure as a structural

component.

Actually Southern Pine is right up there with Douglas Fir as a structual material.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 18:17:00 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:19:12 PM UTC-5, news13 wrote:

Pine has trouble out performing dried cow manure as a structural

component.

Actually Southern Pine is right up there with Douglas Fir as a structual material.

Dan

I use Doug Fir as boat bunkers on trailers with good success and have
for years.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

---