Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is there such a thing as on 0ff on radio controlled dpdt switch?

I have a doubleswitch,but it has no off position I want to reverse a
linear actuator with periods of no activation.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...sw-593413-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:18:02 +0000, George
wrote:

I have a doubleswitch,but it has no off position I want to reverse a
linear actuator with periods of no activation.

Put a spst (on/0ff) switch in front of it and remember to turn it off
before you try to change direction.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That would be annotated as "DPDT Center Off". Even Radio Shack should
have them.

see http://www.radioshack.cpm/product/index.jsp?productid=24431266

wrote:

I have a doubleswitch,but it has no off position I want to reverse a
linear actuator with periods of no activation.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"George" wrote in message
roups.com...

I have a doubleswitch,but it has no off position I want to reverse a
linear actuator with periods of no activation.

--

You can use 2 SPDT switches, or relays. Connect 1 pole to - Negative and
the other pole to + Positive. The actuator wire goes to the center of each

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

George wrote:

I have a doubleswitch,but it has no off position I want to reverse a
linear actuator with periods of no activation.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...sw-593413-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Yes, but you have to use a proper news reader and ask in a coherent
question.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"George" wrote in
message roups.com...
I have a doubleswitch,but it has no off position I want to reverse a
linear actuator with periods of no activation.

Maybe a wireless winch or hoist control would work for you? They have
forward, off and reverse functions.
http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Wirel...xp_grid_pt_0_0
http://www.amazon.com/Reversing-Cont...791579-2122912

Those are just for an example, I don't know if they are suitable for
your application.
jsw

Small radio controlled switch? Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 18 September 24th 07 07:50 PM
Radio controlled heaters tishtash UK diy 14 February 1st 07 10:45 PM
[OT] Radio controlled clocks dmc UK diy 3 August 28th 05 08:57 PM
DPDT Switch cnctut Electronics Repair 15 May 15th 05 10:59 PM
Dimmer switch on a ceilling fan controlled at one wall switch CME Metalworking 7 December 20th 03 01:21 PM