Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New year's resolution?

How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take it
elswhere?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:06:17 AM UTC-8, Pete S wrote:
How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take it

elswhere?

How about you getting a clue and realizing that's never going to happen and why it's never going to happen. When you do make sure you thank Mark Wieber and his clique of idiots for destroying this newsgroup.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , spaco@baldwin-
telecom.net says...

How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take it
elswhere?

How about you realize that this isn't going to happen and figure out
what really caused this newsgroup to be destroyed. When you finally make
the effort to understand what happened, make sure you thank Mark Wieber
and his clique of clueless idiots.

In the meantime, suggest you start discussing topics that advanced,
modern, home machine shops would be interested in. I do it all the time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Banqueer wrote:
In article ,
spaco@baldwin- telecom.net says...

How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take
it elswhere?

How about you realize that this isn't going to happen and figure out
what really caused this newsgroup to be destroyed. When you finally
make the effort to understand what happened, make sure you thank Mark
Wieber and his clique of clueless idiots.

In the meantime, suggest you start discussing topics that advanced,
modern, home machine shops would be interested in. I do it all the
time.

I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

Earlier today I fabricated a small aluminum spacer to give me just a
little more adjustment on my chainsaw bar needs a new chain and sprocket ,
but the saw was free so .... Then I used a hammer and wedge both metal to
split the wood I cut with that chainsaw . Yesterday I used the angle grinder
to clean up the mushroomed head of that wedge . In a little while I'm going
out to the shop and make a small rake of metal to clean the ashes out of
the grate in my wood burning stove . I'll be using a welder MIG or TIG ,
haven't decided , bolt cutter , bandsaw , and grinders .
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced" or
"modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the TIG , it's
a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , says...

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

You swore up and down I was in your kill file but the reality is that
you read everything I post. You're nothing but a worthless, lying,
little weasel. You can't post anything that's advanced or modern because
you're clique idiot with no clues. Now get back on your knees and do
what you do best, bitch.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Banquer wrote in
:

You swore up and down I was in your kill file but the reality is that
you read everything I post.

The reality, Jonnie Bonkers, is that you nym-shifted to evade the killfiles. You're in mine, too,
under your old nym.

And now you're there under the new one, too.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Doug Miller wrote:
Jon Banquer wrote in
:

You swore up and down I was in your kill file but the reality is that
you read everything I post.

The reality, Jonnie Bonkers, is that you nym-shifted to evade the
killfiles. You're in mine, too, under your old nym.

And now you're there under the new one, too.

DING DING DING Ladies and gentlemen , we have a winner !! I figgered he
musta shifted , cuz I haven't seen any of his drivel in several weeks .
--
Snag
oh , and ploink

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:06:12 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Jon Banquer wrote in
:

You swore up and down I was in your kill file but the reality is that
you read everything I post.

The reality, Jonnie Bonkers, is that you nym-shifted to evade the killfiles. You're in mine, too,
under your old nym.

And now you're there under the new one, too.

Same here.

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in :

I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

Just put Johnnie Bonkers' *new* nym in your killfile, too, and be done with it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Doug Miller wrote:
"Snag" wrote in
:

I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

Just put Johnnie Bonkers' *new* nym in your killfile, too, and be
done with it.

Can't I play with it for a little while before I kill it ? Please ?
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
"Snag" wrote in
:

I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

Just put Johnnie Bonkers' *new* nym in your killfile, too, and be
done with it.

Can't I play with it for a little while before I kill it ? Please ?

Only if you bury it with the other toxic waste, when you're done.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:40:10 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

Ask Jonboi about various practical welding methods. It will be
interesting to watch what comes out of his computer.

(Grin)

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
says...

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

Instead of asking others why don't you ask me yourself, Wieber?

Let me answer the above question for you with the kind of honest answer
you are totally incapable of giving:

You won't ask me because you're scared to death of me... for damn good
reason. The reason is I know how much you lie and that your both a fake
and a phony.

Hope this helped.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Banquer wrote:
In article ,
says...

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

SO TELL US ABOUT VARIOUS PRACTICAL WELDING METHODS !! Because as I read
it , you just dodged the question Gunner asked . Once again . I'm still
waiting to hear anything of practical value that relates to metalworking
from you ...
Here's a question from me , Mr I-know-everything-about-CNC : What is the
recommended torque value for a stepper motor for an RF45 benchtop mill??
Maybe Gunner can answer that one because I doubt you can .
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Banquer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

,
haven't decided , bolt cutter , bandsaw , and grinders .
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced" or
"modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the TIG ,
it's
a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

Ask Jonboi about various practical welding methods. It will be
interesting to watch what comes out of his computer.

(Grin)

Instead of asking others why don't you ask me yourself, Wieber?

http://tinyurl.com/mpevz7v

"
Finishing all three sides, and the
piece of channel to support it, I ground them down, checking my welds,
beautiful, just ****ing beautiful. I then proceeded to lay in
georgious fillet welds. Things of beauty..sigh..I was so
proud..maybe Im actually getting the hang of this!!

I put everything away, gave my dog a hug, made a sandwich, and headed
for LA.

Between Taft and Maricopa, I hear this sorta Screeech noise and
glancing in the passenger mirror..I cant see the new spare..but
behind me..is this sorta roundish black spot on the pavement..that
gets bigger and bigger and bigger and from the top of my mirror, I see
my spare tire hit smack dab in the middle of the ever growing shadow
and bounce back upwards out of sight.

"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim jim is offline

Snag wrote:

Jon Banqueer wrote:
In article ,
spaco@baldwin- telecom.net says...

How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take
it elswhere?

How about you realize that this isn't going to happen and figure out
what really caused this newsgroup to be destroyed. When you finally
make the effort to understand what happened, make sure you thank Mark
Wieber and his clique of clueless idiots.

In the meantime, suggest you start discussing topics that advanced,
modern, home machine shops would be interested in. I do it all the
time.

I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

Earlier today I fabricated a small aluminum spacer to give me just a
little more adjustment on my chainsaw bar needs a new chain and sprocket ,
but the saw was free so

Be aware that on many saws if you extend beyond the normal
range the oiler won't line up with the oil hole in the bar.
Then you'll need a new bar, too.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

...In a little while I'm going out to the shop and make a small rake
of metal to clean the ashes out of the grate in my wood burning
stove . I'll be using a welder MIG or TIG , haven't decided , bolt
cutter , bandsaw , and grinders .
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced"
or "modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the
TIG , it's a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

3/16" x 3' copper-clad steel rod for TIG or gas welding is great for
making tools like the rake. It's stiff enough to be the handle and
easy enough to bend with a hammer to make the fork tines. I cut it
with a chisel milled down to fit the anvil's hardy hole.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message

...In a little while I'm going out to the shop and make a small rake
of metal to clean the ashes out of the grate in my wood burning
stove . I'll be using a welder MIG or TIG , haven't decided , bolt
cutter , bandsaw , and grinders .
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced"
or "modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the
TIG , it's a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

3/16" x 3' copper-clad steel rod for TIG or gas welding is great for
making tools like the rake. It's stiff enough to be the handle and
easy enough to bend with a hammer to make the fork tines. I cut it
with a chisel milled down to fit the anvil's hardy hole.

Biggest TIG rod I have on hand is 1/8" , but I've got some 1/4" mild steel
rod stock . I think I'll heat the tips red hot and then flatten them for
about an inch or so , then curve them , weld them together , and adjust the
spacing before I weld on the handle .
--
Snag
I wish I

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

I needed a tool to straighten some damaged BNC connectors. I dug out
some spare air fittings from HF and put this together:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materre...7636596594884/

Simply pus it into the warped opening and gently roll it around to
straighten the connector's wall. Don't over do it, or you'll create a
sharp lip in the brass.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:38:39 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Snag wrote:

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

Cool new electro-pneumatic tool, Mikey.

P.S: You can use an ice pick to perforate and drain the pus.

--
Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture.
-- Jacquelyn Mitchard
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Snag wrote:

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

You don't use a nail gun?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

Just a thought. Is sitting at a computer really "metal working" or is
"metal working" getting your hands dirty and actually doing it?

I suspect the later. The bloke that wrote the software that controls
the Mars explorer thingy doesn't claim to be a space explorer.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

Ouch , that's gonna leave a mark ...
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

Not this time. Even a diamond can't scratch 'Grade A stupid'.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
says...

Jon Banqueer wrote:
[...]

You and snag don't think independently and both of you idiots depend on
Mark Wieber to do your thinking for you. When you try and think on your
own (which is rare) you end up making complete fools out of yourselves,
like you have above.

Pleas explain to this newsgroup how, if you can't use a CADCAM system to
create surfacing toolpath, that you can get your hands dirty to setup
and machine a part that needs surfacing toolpath to make it. I'll be
waiting for your answer, bitch.

Now that we have the facts out of the way and I've corrected your flawed
thinking, which shows how truly incompetent both you, snag and the rest
of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots are, tell this newsgroup how it feels
to be such a loser with no clues. Does it hurt to be so stupid? Does it
hurt to be made to look like a fool on a constant basis by someone with
20 years of hands on machining job shop experience?

Life is hard. Life is even harder when you're as stupid as you, snag and
the rest of Mark Wieber's clique of idiots are.

Neither of you two morons could machine your way out of a paper bag.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:47:40 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

Just a thought. Is sitting at a computer really "metal working" or is
"metal working" getting your hands dirty and actually doing it?

I suspect the later. The bloke that wrote the software that controls
the Mars explorer thingy doesn't claim to be a space explorer.
--
Cheers,
John B.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The people who work "behind the scenes" at NASA and JPL are very proud of their work and consider themselves very much part of the "front line."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:34:09 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:47:40 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

Just a thought. Is sitting at a computer really "metal working" or is
"metal working" getting your hands dirty and actually doing it?

I suspect the later. The bloke that wrote the software that controls
the Mars explorer thingy doesn't claim to be a space explorer.
--
Cheers,
John B.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The people who work "behind the scenes" at NASA and JPL are very proud of their work and consider themselves very much part of the "front line."

And they call themselves "space explorers"? and post to Usenet site
loudly proclaiming their titles?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/29/2013 3:40 PM, Snag wrote:
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced" or
"modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the TIG , it's
a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

Why is he not in your bin?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Mars@Tacks
says...

On 12/29/2013 3:40 PM, Snag wrote:
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be "advanced" or
"modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless I use the TIG , it's
a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

Why is he not in your bin?

Why are you running a business that was given to you into the ground?

Why has your Ohio Bush website (a sad joke) not been updated in 14
years?

http://www.ohiobrush.com/

Why do you drink like a fish and why are you so out of shape?

http://neme-s.org/Oshkosh_2007/Ohio_Brush/DSC02543.JPG

Why is your factory such a **** hole?

http://neme-s.org/Oshkosh_2007/Ohio_Brush/DSC02519.JPG

Why do you love stay on your knees and suck Mark Weiber's cock?

Why has the largest hardware store on San Diego never heard of Ohio
Brush?

http://www.marshallshardware.com/

Why can't anyone in SoCal get any information or find a place that sells
Ohio Brush products?

Why are you such a pussy?

Why do you lie so much and constantly try and claim I'm a "wife beater"?

Why are you taking up space on this planet?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/29/2013 3:40 PM, Snag wrote:
That enough metalworking for ya ? Of course it won't be
"advanced" or "modern" , just good old low-tech hand work ... unless
I use the TIG , it's a modern inverter based machine .
--
Snag

Why is he not in your bin?

Geez , can't a cat play with a mouse for a little while before he kills it
? BTW , he is now .
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/29/2013 3:40 PM, Snag wrote:
I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

--
Snag

How about beating his own wife?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/29/2013 3:40 PM, Snag wrote:
I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

--
Snag

How about beating his own wife?

More likely his meat ...
--
Snag

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Mars@Tacks
says...

On 12/29/2013 3:40 PM, Snag wrote:
I don't think beating your own drum counts , Jonnyboy .

--
Snag

How about beating his own wife?

How about having another drink while you try and pretend you know how to
run a business? Having another drink might also help you to wash the
taste of Wieber's cock out of your mouth.

Will Ohio Bush be able to avoid bankruptcy in 2014?

How much longer till you're completely insolvent?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 12:06:17 PM UTC-6, Pete S wrote:
How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take it

elswhere?

I am going to try to not to treat TeaBillies and Republicans like ****.

But those ****ing assholes deserve it and I doubt I can hold my promise because Trig's muther is still a ****ing retard.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, December 29, 2013 1:06:17 PM UTC-5, Pete S wrote:
How about you off-topic folks making a new year's resolution to take it

elswhere?

Well, Pete, that didn't work too well. I have pretty much given up on getting anything useful out of this group. I'll admit that I get sucked into the OT trap, and it's really nothing but a waste of time. Life's too short to waste it here.