Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rhenium Ring

replying to JTaverner, Metal man wrote:
jtaverner wrote:

I have ~10 grams of Rhenium I'd like to have turned into a ring band. The
element is in 3, 1 inch-long pieces in wire form. Given it's high melting
point (3000C), who might be capable and willing to do this work?
Any advice/admonitions for choosing this metal?

I have worked with rhenium for 13 years now . Please contact me if your
intersted.

It will make a rare ring but it is also expensive to machine. What size
would you want ? Knowing that it can't be resized .

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jtaverner wrote:

I have ~10 grams of Rhenium I'd like to have turned into a ring band. The
element is in 3, 1 inch-long pieces in wire form. Given it's high melting
point (3000C), who might be capable and willing to do this work?
Any advice/admonitions for choosing this metal?

I have worked with rhenium for 13 years now . Please contact me if your
intersted.

It will make a rare ring but it is also expensive to machine. What size
would you want ? Knowing that it can't be resized .

Isnt Rhenium slightly radioactive?

--

__
butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet,

---

How to cut tungsten/rhenium wire Ignoramus10295 Metalworking 22 November 24th 13 02:45 PM
Adding sockets to ring main/add another ring Bill Payer[_2_] UK diy 33 October 20th 09 09:33 PM
Ring-A-Mop [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 May 22nd 09 02:14 AM
Wax ring PanHandler[_3_] Home Repair 6 December 18th 08 04:15 AM
Wax ring Jack Home Repair 10 April 7th 07 04:02 AM