Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reloading Powder problems with 223

As ammo was difficult to find and expensive for a while, I bought a Lee
LoadMaster progressive press I lucked out to find in 223.

My biggest problem is powder spills, the extruded powder bridges and jams up
on the case neck, spilling out most of the charge. I currently have Varget
but am interested in finding spherical or a finer grain powder that won't
bridge up and spill like the Varget does. Now I seem to have spills every 4
or 5 reloads, maybe I need to whack the measure to get the powder to drop.

On my list of powders to look for include CFE-223, H335, TAC, X-Terminator,
Winchester 748. Any others? Or any tips to help prevent the powder
bridging on the neck problem?

RogerN