Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bught an interesting 1944 Monarch lathe 16x54

This is a 16 (16 inch real swing) by 54 inch Monarch lathe.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-N...604_135130.jpg

What is interesting about it is that it has very little wear. So
little, in fact, that I could not discern any significant amount
of wear. Bedways near the chuck look just like bedways near the
tailstock. So does the cross-slide bed.

In addition, it is pretty loaded with tooling, tailstock, steady rest,
3 jaw chuck, collet set with collet closer, etc. I also bought a 4 jaw
on the same auction. And, it also has a complete taper attachment.

I have not 100% decided, but I may keep this one for us and sell my
Clausing, which is a much lesser lathe.