Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Only criminals will have 3D-printed guns

On Friday, May 10, 2013 4:40:25 AM UTC-4, GOP_Decline_and_Fall wrote:
State Department orders firm to remove 3D-printed guns web blueprints

Defense Distributed tweeted on Thursday that 'Liberator' project had

'gone dark' at the request of government officials

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ate-department

Betabeat posted a copy of the letter reportedly sent by the Department

of State to Wilson. The department said the blueprints had to be taken

offline because they may contain data regulated by the State

Department. The department said it would review the files.

"I immediately complied and I've taken down the files," Wilson told

Betabeat. "But this is a much bigger deal than guns. It has

implications for the freedom of the web."

Wilson unsuccessfully applied for a federal firearms license from the

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and has said he wants to

create the gun legally.

On Sunday, New York senator Charles Schumer said that legislation

should be created to prevent people from making 3D printed guns.

You do know the only reason the Dept o'State did this was because it might be export-restricted data under ITAR, right? No restriction on the company to release the information only to US citizens if they chose to do so.

You think data can be controlled. Laugh, laugh, laugh...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They did that to some helicopter manuals that I had on
liberatedmanuals.com. Really stupid, considering that I downloaded
them from a Thailand website.

On 2013-05-10, wrote:
[...]

Criminals Rejoice!!!! They can buy all the NRA guns they want to shoot your family!! [email protected] Metalworking 0 April 18th 13 06:32 PM
On Topic: Metal as a vitamin deficiency in criminals. Steve Walker Metalworking 0 September 6th 10 11:57 PM
OT - Medway criminals PJ UK diy 19 December 22nd 09 09:19 PM
Republicans are War Criminals Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 8th 08 11:25 PM
All bankers are criminals and should be treated as such. St Georges Day April 23rd Home Ownership 11 September 22nd 08 06:23 PM