Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift Heat exchangers..help!

My Baker/Linde forklift has been down for a while...and Im needing to
get it running again. Historically..I could start it..it would run
for a few seconds..and if I waited a minute or so..it would then start
and keep running.

Now its gone goofy. I pulled down the carby, cleaned it, checked
it..it appears fine. Seals are ok, no leaks and if I shoot starting
fluid in it..it starts fine. So I then pulled the heat exchanger
unit, pulled it down, cleaned it, checked the seals..no problems
found.

I reinstalled everything and it still doesnt want to run. If I press
and hold the primer button on the heat exchanger..Impco Mod J..it
seems to run fine. The Carby is a Impco CA-50.

Damned thing is driving me nuts. The exchanger is supposed to take
the 180psi from the tank and drop it down to a couple pounds and
deliver that to the carby. There are two hoses from the carby to the
exchanger..a small one..which apparently is supposed to be either a
vaccum line..which when the carby starts sucking...is supposed to open
something in the exchanger and allow fuel to flow through the big
hose. I suck or blow on the small hose..and nothing seems to be
happening.

Anyone want to give me the poor mans school on what I have..how its
supposed to work and some suggestions on what to check?

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Fuel, air, fire...
After that, if gets a bit more complicated...

Does sound like fuel tho, doesn't it?

Linde:
http://www.lmh-na.com/service.php

Diesel?
You bled the fuel lines correctly?

Or Propane?
Conversion document
http://www.tulsagastech.com/documents/forkman.pdf

Model 30 Parts manual - mayby?
http://www.urmediazone.com/signup?sf=search_books&ref=4712591&q=linde_h30_for klift_parts_manual.zip

This one you have to sign-up for.
Might work, might be a waste of time
http://www.imarksweb.org/book/h80+02...ervice+manual/

Parts and manuals - for SALE
http://www.sportslinkup.com/shop/0-B...ift-1-bin.html

On 5/4/2013 11:10 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-05-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Most likely you have to disassemble, clean, and replace membranes and
seals. They are easily available.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 04 May 2013 23:46:33 -0500, Richard
wrote:

Fuel, air, fire...
After that, if gets a bit more complicated...

Does sound like fuel tho, doesn't it?

Linde:
http://www.lmh-na.com/service.php

Diesel?
You bled the fuel lines correctly?

Sorry..propane

Or Propane?
Conversion document
http://www.tulsagastech.com/documents/forkman.pdf

Nope..propane

Model 30 Parts manual - mayby?
http://www.urmediazone.com/signup?sf=search_books&ref=4712591&q=linde_h30_for klift_parts_manual.zip

Needs to be a B30-PL

This one you have to sign-up for.
Might work, might be a waste of time
http://www.imarksweb.org/book/h80+02...ervice+manual/

Nope..didnt work

Parts and manuals - for SALE
http://www.sportslinkup.com/shop/0-B...ift-1-bin.html

Not the right one

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 05 May 2013 00:00:49 -0500, Ignoramus10462
wrote:

On 2013-05-05, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

No leaks/holes etc noted during todays tear down.

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/5/2013 4:40 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Needs to be a B30-PL

Guess I wasn't much help.

Sorry about thta.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jeff wrote:
I can send you some info, a PDF describing how this fuel system
works and a couple pages of the parts brakedown for the convetor
and lock-off. Give me an e-mail to send it to.

Gunner Asch xD

Alvin in AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Your "heat exchanger" is actually a combination evaporator/demand
regulator and converts liquid propane to gas at just under atmospheric
presure when the sense line indicates demand. If sucking on the sense
line does not cause propane to flow something is wrong in the
regulator. You are going to need to have it rebuilt or replace it.

If you are brave you can look at
http://www.teecoproducts.com/catalog...J%20Series.pdf
and see a breakdown and all the part numbers to try to fix it yourself
- but I wouldn't reccomend it.

Troubleshooting info at
http://altenergy.rrc.state.tx.us/com...mpcosystem.pdf.

My suspicion is someone ran the tank empty, then put on a new tank and
opened the valve too fast - bending the valve in the primary
regulator, Electric shut-off valve or VFF30 vacuum valve? The VFF30
is better. Likely damaging the diaphragm too. Needs a kit, at the
very least. Better yet, replace the model J with a Cobra. The Cobra
isn't bulletproof, but it is more reliable than the old J or JB.

There is a 1/8* pipe plug you can remove and install a primary
pressure guage - should read about 1.5psi not running and .5 to 1.5
running.

##On-Vehicle Pressure Test
Shut off fuel supply at fuel storage container and run engine out of
fuel.
Remove the primary test port plug (see diagram).
Connect the ITK-1, 0-5 psi gauge to the primary test port.•Remove
secondary test port plug.
Install the ITK-1, 0-10 inch wc (water column) gauge.
Slowly open fuel storage container valve.
Start engine.
Note gauge pressure readings.
Primary pressure should be approximately 1.5 psi.
Secondary pressure on regulators with a blue spring should be negative
1.5 wc.
Secondary pressure on regulators with an orange spring should be
negative 0.5 wc.
Flip throttle several times then allow engine to idle.
Gauge readings will fluctuate and then should return to normal as
engine idles andpressures stabilize.
If pressure readings differ from those stated above the regulator
should bedisassembled and inspected

##Regulator Disassembly, Inspection and Cleaning
Shut off fuel supply at fuel storage container and run engine out of
fuel.
Disconnect fuel inlet and outlet lines.
Drain cooling system or clamp hoses.
Remove regulator.
Disassemble regulator•Clean primary and secondary valves with soap and
warm water and inspect forwear. Replace if required
Clean primary and secondary diaphragms with soap and warm water and
inspectfor wear. Inspect primary diaphragm lever for straightness.
Replace if required.
Always replace the coolant chamber gasket.
Clean regulator castings with parts cleaning solvent and inspect. It
is very rare forthe castings to require replacement.
Reassemble regulator.
Use an anti-sieze compound on screws.
Use an approved pipe sealant on fittings.
Bench test regulatorRegulator Bench Test
Remove the primary test port plug.
Connect the ITK-1, 0-5 psi gauge to the primary test port.
Connect compressed air to the fuel inlet.
Pressurize the regulator.
Note reading on pressure gauge.
Gauge reading should be approximately 1.5 psi.
There should be no air escaping from the regulator outlet.
If air is escaping from the regulator outlet check the secondary
diaphragm,secondary valve and seat.
Slowly push primer button several times and release.
Gauge will fluctuate but should return to approximately 1.5 psi.

Whole House Ventilators and Heat Exchangers TheOldFellow[_2_] UK diy 11 January 17th 11 08:25 AM
heat exchangers David Lesher Metalworking 14 February 12th 10 06:15 AM
DHW heat exchangers Andy UK diy 23 December 8th 05 12:36 AM
O.T. Heat Exchangers ..... Silver or Black? [email protected] Metalworking 3 September 23rd 05 04:45 AM
Plate heat exchangers Markus Splenius UK diy 4 January 11th 05 08:20 PM