Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forklift Heat exchangers..help!

My Baker/Linde forklift has been down for a while...and Im needing to
get it running again. Historically..I could start it..it would run
for a few seconds..and if I waited a minute or so..it would then start
and keep running.

Now its gone goofy. I pulled down the carby, cleaned it, checked
it..it appears fine. Seals are ok, no leaks and if I shoot starting
fluid in it..it starts fine. So I then pulled the heat exchanger
unit, pulled it down, cleaned it, checked the seals..no problems
found.

I reinstalled everything and it still doesnt want to run. If I press
and hold the primer button on the heat exchanger..Impco Mod J..it
seems to run fine. The Carby is a Impco CA-50.

Damned thing is driving me nuts. The exchanger is supposed to take
the 180psi from the tank and drop it down to a couple pounds and
deliver that to the carby. There are two hoses from the carby to the
exchanger..a small one..which apparently is supposed to be either a
vaccum line..which when the carby starts sucking...is supposed to open
something in the exchanger and allow fuel to flow through the big
hose. I suck or blow on the small hose..and nothing seems to be
happening.

Anyone want to give me the poor mans school on what I have..how its
supposed to work and some suggestions on what to check?

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Whole House Ventilators and Heat Exchangers TheOldFellow[_2_] UK diy 11 January 17th 11 08:25 AM
heat exchangers David Lesher Metalworking 14 February 12th 10 06:15 AM
DHW heat exchangers Andy UK diy 23 December 8th 05 12:36 AM
O.T. Heat Exchangers ..... Silver or Black? [email protected] Metalworking 3 September 23rd 05 04:45 AM
Plate heat exchangers Markus Splenius UK diy 4 January 11th 05 08:20 PM