Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Haas Controller...

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:54:52 AM UTC-4, Existential Angst wrote:
Iny Haas peeple here? Inyone on AMC at all?? LOL

I just got a Haas GR510, and boy, haas ain't exactly quick on the trigger

for training, getting you up and running.

So far, altho the haas controller eclipses the Fadal 88CS ito

bells/whistles, I must say the 88CS is much quicker, more "ergonomic" to

use, proly half the keystrokes. I don't find the haas controller terribly

intuitive, either. Altho the colors are nice.... LOL

Reminds me of Xywrite, the NYTimes/Atex derivative wordprocessor ca.

1985-90, proly THE finest word processor in the world. Hooray NYT!!

Then along came fuknWindows.....

Now, you cain't even get a readable directory tree any more.... or adjust

the g-d idle on yer car, for that matter.....

Inyway, just looking for a place to ax Dumb Haas Qs....

Mebbe I'll have to go to PM, eh? I spose I should bug the dealer as well,

eh? lol

A succinct tutorial on the more common operations would be nice, but god

forbid haas would provide one. Hunted around a bit, have seen where others

have asked for this, as well, some dope referred them back to the haas site.

Brilliant.... unless I missed sumpn....

--

EA

Congrats on the new Haas Kris.

But it's not yours until the last payment is mailed ;-).
Technically, it owns you now. I suggest you name her Audrey II.

There is a PDF set of operation and programming manuals on the Haas site. First, RTFM... as they say.

I've got a very nice Haas programming workbook, full of example code, from a FREE 8-week class I took at Suffolk Community College on Haas Mill G-Code programming. Part of a NYS funded workforce development program. Might just be a similar class at your local schools up in Yonkers.

Finally,if you can possibly get Mr. Mike Frabizio to come out for a few hours, I'm sure he could get you set up and going with your router. Last number I had for him was; 201-961-4713 or 631-589-8170. Well worth any fee he might charge.

For best text editor my vote is TECO. It's the tits.

Good luck.
--
PaulS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul C. Schiller" wrote in message
[...]

I just got off the phone with Mike, super nice guy. He teaches cnc stuff at
Suffolk. He's actually coming over tomorrow on Haas' dime, they apparently
use him for new customer/machine training.

For best text editor my vote is TECO. It's the tits.

That's good to know. Wordpad is not quite cutting it for the "FNC" file
requirement of the GR510, apparently the haas controllers don't like dot
TXT.
--
EA

Good luck.
--
PaulS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

For best text editor my vote is TECO. It's the tits.

That's good to know. Wordpad is not quite cutting it for the "FNC" file

requirement of the GR510, apparently the haas controllers don't like dot

TXT.

Oh for god's sake. Do NOT try to use TECO for your G-code.

That was a (admittedly esoteric) joke.
It has been said by others that a TECO command line most closely resembles transmission line noise.

Use plain old Windows NOTEPAD if that is all you've got. Save it without any extension, but put the period at the end of the file name:

"O12345." is what you need.

That's an alphabet O, not a zero.

Listen to Mike.
He shares your joie de vivre, so you should get on well together.

--

PaulS

New Haas Controller... Pete C. Metalworking 0 March 26th 13 04:58 PM
Haas Vs. Makino Part 2 jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 17th 13 12:37 AM
Haas HL-1 RoyJ Metalworking 7 December 9th 07 06:46 AM
FS-Haas MiniMill Gunner Metalworking 26 April 20th 06 09:42 AM
Haas TL1 CNC Lathe [email protected] Metalworking 1 February 18th 05 12:10 AM