Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Haas Controller...

Existential Angst wrote:

Iny Haas peeple here? Inyone on AMC at all?? LOL

I just got a Haas GR510, and boy, haas ain't exactly quick on the trigger
for training, getting you up and running.

So far, altho the haas controller eclipses the Fadal 88CS ito
bells/whistles, I must say the 88CS is much quicker, more "ergonomic" to
use, proly half the keystrokes. I don't find the haas controller terribly
intuitive, either. Altho the colors are nice.... LOL

Reminds me of Xywrite, the NYTimes/Atex derivative wordprocessor ca.
1985-90, proly THE finest word processor in the world. Hooray NYT!!
Then along came fuknWindows.....
Now, you cain't even get a readable directory tree any more.... or adjust
the g-d idle on yer car, for that matter.....

Inyway, just looking for a place to ax Dumb Haas Qs....
Mebbe I'll have to go to PM, eh? I spose I should bug the dealer as well,
eh? lol
A succinct tutorial on the more common operations would be nice, but god
forbid haas would provide one. Hunted around a bit, have seen where others
have asked for this, as well, some dope referred them back to the haas site.
Brilliant.... unless I missed sumpn....
--
EA

I ran across some CNC training videos on youtube the other day that
revolve around a Haas TM1 mill. "Geek Group" or some such I believe it
was under.

Haas Vs. Makino Part 2 jon_banquer[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 17th 13 12:37 AM
Haas HL-1 RoyJ Metalworking 7 December 9th 07 06:46 AM
FS-Haas MiniMill Gunner Metalworking 26 April 20th 06 09:42 AM
1997 HAAS VF-0E 3016 - on eBay $1 N/R Steven Haerr - CNCTrader Corp Metalworking 6 May 4th 05 08:21 PM
Haas TL1 CNC Lathe [email protected] Metalworking 1 February 18th 05 12:10 AM