Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 5 hurt in accidental shootings at 3 U.S. gun shows

On Jan 22, 4:21*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:42:17 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:48:15 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 01:09:54 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:03:50 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:35:30 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:09:01 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:57:52 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:25:56 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That could very well be. I have long been aware
of the media slant. I hadn't thought of the rush of
sheeple, eager to buy.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

wrote in message
news:0rvqf85t8lg5vjjblr5esrv62mthc4ga7l@4a x.com...

Likely lots of them over the years - but un-reported by the media.. Now
that gun control is a hot topic, every single one is being reported.
Another likely reason is a bunch of people who have not had guns, and
know little if anything about guns, are now going to gun shows to get
guns before they can't get them any more - and are stupidly shooting
themselves and others.

With all the gun nuts saying more guns will stop gun violence, sheeple
will buy more guns. More guns in the hands of idiots will make for
more gun deaths and injuries.

Why do you suppose the "evil NRA" is pressing for more training in
every state? *Plus, their gun-friendly friends will help train them
and keep them from doing stupid stuff.

Idiots will be idiots - training won't help. Just as crooks will
remain crooks.

Nah. Most are trainable, but you'll be safe and sound and gunless up
there in Canada. *No worries, Mate.

about 47% of Canadian homes have firearms in them..and the Great
Registration failed miserably. Canadians dont trust their government
any more than thinking Americans trust their own.

Long guns only. And FAR less than 47%. *30.8 guns per 100 people is
one number being bandied around - and approxemately 26% of Canadian
households have one or more guns. 67% in the YUkon and NWT, and 15% in
Ontario. Aprox 35.8% in the Atlantic provinces. *Those numbers compare
quite closely to the percentage of rural residents in those areas.

Indeed they do. *However as what has been discovered about the
recently voided Registry...over 67% of firearms were never
registered..so the numbers of actual firearms in Canada is
quite...unknown. *I know of several persons with more than 10
arms..who registered (1)

Other than farmers and hunters and drug dealers, I don't know anyone
with a gun in their home. (except cops) I know several people who
shoot competetively - both handgun and rifle - and NONE of them keep
their guns at home.

Why would that be?

One assumes you live in the city? *Or have few friends?

In the city - small city, but highly populated area - cannot get more
than 5 miles from city or major town without getting cloer to 5 to the
next one. *And LOTS of friends.

Where I live..Id have to estimate that at least 80% of the homes
contain one or more firearms. *In some case..many more.

And where I live, more than 80% have less than 1.

Collectors tend to not brag about the exact number owned. * A now dead
friend of mine had well over 800 brand new in the box firearms when he
passed from cancer. *His next of kin did quite well.

Collectors around here tend to keep their collections under lock and
key - and any guns "on display" are locked (trigger lock) and / or
disabled (bolt removed, etc to prevent them from being fired - removed
part stored separately under lock and key. and displayed in a secure
place (well protected by alarm and surveilence).Any amunition stored
separately under lock and key.

And they do not advertise that they are collectors or have guns on the
premises because they want to keep them. *Guns are one of the first
things to be stolen from a house that has guns. (that's where crooks
get guns).

Gunner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Firearms_Registry

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...house-justin-t....

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ser-why-the-lo....

1. Lie
6. Then everyone must conform to the lie- Hide quoted text -

Well that and gun shows....

TMT