Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "IIRC"?

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool
Lists".

Thanks,

Tom Zumann

--
+-[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]----------------------+
| Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to |

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Zumann wrote in
roups.com:

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool
Lists".

"If I Recall Correctly" or "If I Remember Correctly"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:19:02 +0000, the renowned Tom Zumann
wrote:

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool
Lists".

Thanks,

Tom Zumann

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly. Also see, AFAIR = As Far as I Recall.

Used to soften what might otherwise be seen as an absolute
authoritative statement.

Given that all* absolute statements are incorrect, it's often used.

*most

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m wrote:

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool
Lists".

Thanks,

Tom Zumann

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly. Also see, AFAIR = As Far as I Recall.

Used to soften what might otherwise be seen as an absolute
authoritative statement.

Given that all* absolute statements are incorrect, it's often used.

*most

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

==============

hahaha

* GOOD ONE Speff !!!

" Never say never !! " sorta thing.

Brian (Shovel All Day) Lawson.
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article s.com,
Tom Zumann wrote:

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool
Lists".

Thanks,

Tom Zumann

Others beat me to it...

However, here's a good acronym site to bookmark:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Sometimes you'll get a lot of hits, but it's usually easy to figure out
which pertains.

A quick Google search will usually find what your after as well.

Erik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 28/12/2012 3:48 AM, Erik wrote:
In article s.com,
Tom Zumann wrote:

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool
Lists".

Thanks,

Tom Zumann

Others beat me to it...

However, here's a good acronym site to bookmark:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

Sometimes you'll get a lot of hits, but it's usually easy to figure out
which pertains.

A quick Google search will usually find what your after as well.

Erik

Not bad, even has EE acronyms too;

**** Traveling-Wave Amplifier Tube
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I LMAO at these! lol
* ATD - At the Doctor's
* BFF - Best Friends Funeral
* BTW - Bring the Wheelchair
* BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
* CBM - Covered by Medicare
* CUATSC - See You at the Senior Center
* DWI - Driving While Incontinent
* FWBB - Friend with Beta Blockers
* FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
* FYI - Found Your Insulin
* GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
* GHA - Got Heartburn Again
* HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement
* IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?
* LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out
* LOL - Living on Lipitor
* LWO - Lawrence Welk's On
* OMMR - On My Massage Recliner
* OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas
* ROFL...CGU - Rolling on the Floor Laughing...Can't get Up!
* TOT - Texting on Toilet
* TTYL - Talk to You Louder
* WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?
* WTFA - Wet the Furniture Again
* WTP - Where're the Prunes
* WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil
Hope these help. GGLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!)