Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Surface Oxidation: Wiping

I'm working on a project that is a mechanical switch of sorts, and it
entails running electrical signals through Phosphor-Bronze contacts.

Now since *all* alloys will oxidize to an extent, I was wondering if I
were to wipe the phosphor-Bronze contacts with the same
material(Phosphor-Bronze), would that be serve to keep the alloy's
surface clean? (The wiping action will be part of the mechanics of the
switch).

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.