Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Michigan's governor sides with right to work. Greedy unskilledunions scared ****less.

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:34:24 AM UTC-8, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message

Steve from Colorado wrote:

On 12/10/2012 8:47 PM, Anonymous wrote:

He forged a reputation as a moderate, can-do businessman-

politician, but Michigan Gov. Rick

Snyder, a Republican, has taken a leap into the political

unknown by embracing a right-to-work bill

that has put him at the center of an ideological battle with the

state's powerful union movement that

shows no signs of dying down in the weeks ahead.

"Right to work" would more accurately be called "right to work for

lower pay and fewer or no benefits."

Yeah , and it can also be called "right to work without the union

extorting part of your wages" .

Typically, union dues amount to only a very small percentage of wages.

Now I believe in the good unions have done for workers , but I also

believe that the leadership in many , if not most , unions has been

corrupted by the enormous amounts of money they handle with minimal

oversight . It's not so much that money power corrupts as that it

attracts the corruptible .

If you don't want to work in a union shop and pay union dues then fine,

you're perfectly free to find a better paying job in a non-union

establishment.

So, how do you find a teaching job in the public school system when all openings require union participation, by law?
I've worked for over 45 years, never joined a union, and if unsatisfied with wages or conditions of employment, simply voted with my feet.

Ivan Vegvary

Good luck with that one.

Want a free lunch at the expense of dues-paying union members? --then vote

for "right to work laws" and kiss everybody's pay and benefits goodbye,

including your own...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

Steve from Colorado wrote:

[...]

You can't...but you you could, do you really think that it would pay more ?

I've worked for over 45 years, never joined a union, and if unsatisfied
with wages or conditions of employment, simply voted with my feet.

I've got a feeling that the opportunity simply never presented itself.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message

Steve from Colorado wrote:

[...]