Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aluminum casting wanted

responding to
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ed-301127-.htm
, Donald Eggert wrote:
Leon wrote:

What I am looking for is someone that can sand cast 3 small aluminum
parts about the size and complexity of a cast VW valve cover. I
intend to set up my own small foundry some day but right now I just
don't have the time and if I can find someone to do the casting for a
reasonable cost I'll just have it done. I'm thinking 3 or 4 sets
should get me started. 12 pieces total.

I'll have the patterns finished in a couple of days (I hope) and all
that will be left to do is ram some sand, cut a sprue and poor.......

So if you have a hobby scale casting set up and want a bit of income
producing work or just know of a foundry that does small jobs like
this for a reasonable fee please E-mail me and let me know.

We can cast parts in aluminum up to 100 lbs. Santiam Bronze Works look it up
on google. we are looking for some repeat customers. Phone 541-401-4916. or
. www.santiambronzeworks.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:18:02 +0000, Donald Eggert wrote:

responding to
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...minum-casting-

wanted-301127-.htm
, Donald Eggert wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

I got a "server not found" error when I tried your web address.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

, Donald Eggert wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

Same here. It exists, but is locked for unknown reasons. I didn't know
there was anyplace like that around here.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

, Donald Eggert wrote:
Leon wrote:

[...]

There's one in Boring, OR, too. AFAIK it's more industrialish, but then,
I know of them through a customer that has them make castings for antique
car parts.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com