Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I would like to hear from anyone with information about PM lathes

Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to
set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid
'70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless
truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior.I
have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for
your knowledge.

--
+--------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]---------------+
| Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to |

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:18:02 AM UTC-5, Rmany wrote:
Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to

set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid

'70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless

truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior..I

have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for

your knowledge.

PM machines are Chinese, although they are one of the better-regarded Asian brands. Good luck finding good used US-made machines. The newest of them is 25 years old. Currently, the 1990s Taiwanese machines are bringing higher money from those who want quality but can't find decent US iron.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:18:02 AM UTC-5, Rmany wrote:
Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to

set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid

'70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless

truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior.I

have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for

your knowledge.

PM = Precision Matthews http://precisionmatthews.com/PMLatheIndex.html
PM also = PowerMatic (Logan/Houdaille) to some people

Anybody hear of/know of SkidSteerExpress??? dpb Woodworking 15 September 16th 10 02:05 PM
EVER HEAR OF A 31/32-28 TAP? Randy Metalworking 5 February 5th 10 11:03 PM
Did I hear right George UK diy 0 July 30th 08 09:00 PM
"Do yo hear what I hear?" was Recession is a given. Can we avoid a Bush Depression? Larry Jaques Metalworking 1 April 3rd 08 04:02 AM
Anybody here ever hear of this Craven Morehead Home Repair 2 August 26th 06 04:48 AM