DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I would like to hear from anyone with information about PM lathes (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/347117-i-would-like-hear-anyone-information-about-pm-lathes.html)

Rmany September 29th 12 04:18 PM

I would like to hear from anyone with information about PM lathes

Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to
set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid
'70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless
truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior.I
have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for
your knowledge.

--
+--------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]---------------+
| Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to |

Rex October 1st 12 09:20 PM

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:18:02 AM UTC-5, Rmany wrote:
Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to

set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid

'70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless

truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior..I

have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for

your knowledge.

PM machines are Chinese, although they are one of the better-regarded Asian brands. Good luck finding good used US-made machines. The newest of them is 25 years old. Currently, the 1990s Taiwanese machines are bringing higher money from those who want quality but can't find decent US iron.

Rex October 3rd 12 07:54 PM

I would like to hear from anyone with information about PM lathes

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 10:18:02 AM UTC-5, Rmany wrote:
Hello,I am looking for information concerning best lathe buys today.I used to

set up and operate them for about 5.5 years,but that was back in the mid

'70s.I dont want Chinese,Tiawanese is not really what I want either unless

truly worth the money.I would much rather buy used good that new inferior.I

have read some about Precision Mathews- are they also Taiwan made? Thanks for

your knowledge.

PM = Precision Matthews http://precisionmatthews.com/PMLatheIndex.html
PM also = PowerMatic (Logan/Houdaille) to some people