Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FRS walkie talkies

On Aug 6, 7:05*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
*I've got a Micro talk. Runs on four AAA cells. Do you use nicads, or just
put in new batteries every morning?

My Motorolas run on three AA cells, I think they last a bit longer.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in ...

I have a pair of nice little 22 channel Cobra Micro Talk GMRS/FRS radios
that work very well. Me and JH do a lot of telecom and data
wiring and the radios come in handy when you're 300' away from your
co-conspirator trying to sort out or find cables. We've been trying
to find a young guy maybe 50 years old or so to help us pull wire
up in ceilings where it's difficult for us to climb around. ^_^

TDD

The b-in-l has 6 Motorolas that we use during hunting season, usually
change batteries about every 5-6 days if one of us doesn't forget to
turn them off when we get back home after sunset. That's maybe 6-8
hours of use per day on AA batteries. Haven't seen ones using AAAs,
you give up a LOT of energy capacity going from AA to AAA. I'm not
surprised they go flat in a day. If you don't need super-small, these
fit in a shirt pocket or in a hunting vest. Small isn't always good
if you're trying to punch buttons with mittens or gloves on.

Stan