Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheap Calipers

Several years ago I picked up a Central Machine (Harbor Fright) caliper. It
was and still is good enough for most things. More recently I picked up an
8" dial caliper and a digital one at the same Chinese import store with a
PIttsburgh label. They are not as good. In fact I have thrown the 8" away.
The digital even when perfectly clean drifts a little from measure to
measure. If I need to "know" what a measurement is I take out a micrometer,
make the measurement, and put it right back in the case in the tool box, but
calipers get left on the work bench. What is out there on the lower end of
the spectrum that is atleast as good as the Central machine and definitely
better than the Pittsburgh?

For convenience I'd like to leave one on each work bench, and one on my
desk.

Dial Calipers Joe Metalworking 10 October 9th 09 12:14 AM
Making your own calipers Arch Woodturning 0 October 30th 07 12:45 PM
Dial calipers Bill Schwab Metalworking 8 December 28th 05 02:30 PM
digital calipers Stephen E Spencer Metalworking 9 April 14th 04 05:01 AM