Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The caricature of the 1%

On Monday, July 2, 2012 12:41:33 AM UTC-4, Hawke wrote:

See why I say you're an idiot? You really have no
education.

Hawke

You are the one that is an envious idiot. A petty little man who wants to take away from those who have created something that people want and are willing to pay to get it.

If you think Google founders get too much money, then do not use Google. The same applies to everything else. Don't like oil companies making money , then do not buy gasolene.

People get rich by creating something wanted or needed and selling that to the public. If you do not want them to profit, do not buy what they are selling.

Hawke, a person who is unemployed, does not have a skill that anyone is willing to pay anything for. And wants those that are successful to support him.
Petty little man.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/2/2012 4:19 AM, wrote:
[...]

Nice try but it is you greedy and selfish folks that are the problem.
You want all the benefits of the biggest and most complex society man
has ever created but you don't want to pay your fair share for what you
receive. That's just what the rich want. You also are so envious of the
lucky 1% that have gotten a ridiculously unjust piece of the pie that
you find a way to justify anything they do no matter how unscrupulous,
unethical, immoral, or unfair it is.

It's perfectly clear you're so unsatisfied with your level of
achievement in life that you worship those who have gotten lucky. Here's
an example. People like you make a big deal that Mitt Romney made a lot
of money. But his sons have all become multimillionaires through no work
of their own. So you have five members of the 1% who did nothing to get
there. This is how it works for about fifty percent of the wealthy. They
don't earn it they inherit it. So merit has nothing to do with their
wealth. It's all luck. You didn't get their luck and it's very clear
that you're very sore about that. And that is why you don't side with
the people like me who want to make things more equitable in this
country. You criticize justice. That's you.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/3/2012 11:41 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 7/3/2012 11:35 AM, Hawke wrote:
On 7/2/2012 4:19 AM, wrote:

Hawke, a person who is unemployed, does not have a skill that anyone is
willing to pay anything for. And wants those that are successful to
support him.
Petty little man.

Dan

Nice try but it is you greedy

Meaningless.

and selfish folks

Self-interested - but no more so than you and your mob of looters.

that are the problem.

We're only a "problem" to those of you - the looters - who feel entitled
to live off the uncompensated efforts of others.

You want all the benefits of the biggest and most complex society

No, we want the benefits of the value we create - value you looters did
not help in any way to create.

It's perfectly clear you're so unsatisfied with your level of
achievement in life

You're looking in the mirror when you write that, you scrounging loser.

You can't imagine how funny it is to me to hear you and your defense of
the wealthy as you try to put me in with those with nothing that want to
take from others. That is so funny because I am a member of a family
with quite a lot of money. I have parents in their eighties and they
have money. My grandparents had money. I'm one of those that you are
defending, people with wealth. I'm pretty darn sure that my net worth is
more than yours and in a few years it darn sure will be. So as much as
you and Danny boy want to portray me as one of the poor, downtrodden
people, that wants to take money from the wealthy, that couldn't be any
farther from reality. I am part of the wealthy. You are defending me
when you defend the upper class. So, hey, thanks a lot. But it does show
me what a complete idiot you are, and it shows in spades how envious you
are of people like me. To which I say, too bad, you lost. You didn't do
very well. You have to live on what you earn and no more. You never will
make it to the level of wealth you wish for. That couldn't be any fairer.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/2/2012 4:19 AM, wrote:

[...]

You're a scrounger all the same.

I *told* you months ago that I figured out you're a wastrel child of
privilege. *Someone* in your family made some money, but you didn't.
You were just a dissipated, privileged little ****, and you didn't even
do as good a job of that as most people.

Listen up, bitch - I'm about to tell you the straight story. Do you
know why you hate George W. Bush so much? Because you're just like him:
a wastrel child of privilege, a do-nothing, a dabbler, a *dissipated*
slobbo. At least Bush went off to good schools and made it through
them. You, you slovenly wastrel, never did anything. You're *exactly*
like Bush, just less accomplished.

You are a wretched excuse for a human being:

* amoral - you believe only in power
* unaccomplished
* a parasite - living off your family's money
* uncharitable

You're a zero. You've admitted to being a zero.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:35:03 PM UTC-4, Hawke wrote:

[...]

You are an idiot and have no clue as to what the actual situation is. You claim that I am unsatisfied with what I have achieved, and yet you know almost nothing about me. Since you are so stupid and clueless, I find it pointless to respond except to repeat that you are a little man that wants to take from others since you are unemployed.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/3/2012 6:13 PM, wrote:
[...]

You don't know my situation either but you make pronouncements on it so
why can't I?

You claim that I am unsatisfied with what I have achieved,

That is because people who are not satisfied with their life say the
same kind of things you do. People who have a lot of admiration for the
1% are usually envious of them. You sure seem to have a real affinity
for those rich folks. Why? Because you really wanted to be one of them
and couldn't? I'd say that's a good explanation for it.

and yet you know almost nothing about me.

And you're in the same boat but don't seem to understand that.

Since you are so stupid and clueless,

So are you as far as I can tell.

I find it pointless to respond except to repeat that you are a little man

that wants to take from others since you are unemployed.

But you really don't know that for sure and are just speculating on it.
Then you criticize me for doing that. You need to get out a mirror, Dan.
You don't see how you come across to others.

Dan

You never complain when Pimpton makes all kinds of statements that he
has no idea are true either. He has no idea what the facts are about me.
You say I don't know about you. Well, he doesn't know about me and makes
it all up. You never say a word about that. So if it's okay for him then
it's fine for me too. But unlike him I don't make things up. I call them
as I see them but I don't fabricate things like he does.

The fact that you never criticize him says a lot about you. You don't
seem to know that people can figure out a lot about you by what you
write. When you say all kinds of negative things about me and not a word
about the most abrasive person here don't you understand that says
something about you? For one thing it says fairness isn't your strong suit.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/3/2012 3:54 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

Hawke, a person who is unemployed, does not have a skill that
anyone is
willing to pay anything for. And wants those that are successful to
support him.
Petty little man.

Dan

Here is an example of Dan doing exactly what he berates me for all the
time. He's saying all kinds of things he can prove or back up in any way
yet he's still saying them as if he knows them to be true. If I do that
it's a crime but when he does it, and he does it a lot, we're supposed
to ignore it. Sorry Dan, you are as guilty as anyone, and you're a
hypocrite to boot.

Nice try but it is you greedy

Meaningless.

Right. Greedy people never see anything wrong with it. If they did how
could they justify their selfish, greedy, behavior? You have to see
greed as irrelevant to be a greedy pig. Clearly, you do that well.

and selfish folks

Self-interested - but no more so than you and your mob of looters.

No one is more self-centered, selfish, or greedy than your mob of
"capitalists". No mob ever stole more than your gang.

that are the problem.

We're only a "problem" to those of you - the looters - who feel entitled
to live off the uncompensated efforts of others.

The problem is those like you who want to free ride off the rest of
society and pay nothing when you would be nowhere without it. It shows
you have the heart of a thief. You want to take and give nothing back.

You want all the benefits of the biggest and most complex society

No, we want the benefits of the value we create - value you looters did
not help in any way to create.

What you want is for what you do to be declared as being far more
valuable than what other people do. You want to be overpaid for what you
do. You want way too much for what you do and then you justify that when
you take far more than you are really worth. You're like the town
council members in southern California that paid themselves 900K a year
and didn't think they did anything wrong.

It's perfectly clear you're so unsatisfied with your level of
achievement in life

You're looking in the mirror when you write that, you scrounging loser.

Give me a break. The level of achievement you have attained puts you
squarely in the group of society's losers. You just can't admit it. You
probably worked a lot of years and have only a home that's underwater to
show for it and no portfolio. You lost. Own up to it. Your failure has
nothing to do with me.

You can't imagine how funny it is to me to hear you and your defense of
the wealthy as you try to put me in with those with nothing that want to
take from others. That is so funny because I am a member of a family
with quite a lot of money.

You're a scrounger all the same.

That's something to be proud of in my book. It means you can find a way
to make things go your way no matter what. Thanks for the compliment.

I *told* you months ago that I figured out you're a wastrel child of
privilege. *Someone* in your family made some money, but you didn't.
You were just a dissipated, privileged little ****, and you didn't even
do as good a job of that as most people.

Yes, you did, but you were wrong then and still are. I grew up without
very much, really. I never had it easy. Everything has been hard and
that has made me tough. Way tougher than a prima donna like you.
Privilege is not something I have any experience with at all. If
anything you have had a much easier time than I did. But having it hard
is what made me what I am today. Something you have no idea of.

Listen up, bitch - I'm about to tell you the straight story. Do you
know why you hate George W. Bush so much?

What I hated about him was the incredibly bad job he did as president,
as I knew he would. I hated seeing someone who didn't deserve the job
get it instead of someone who did. That I do truly hate. But Bush had a
lifetime of getting things others should have had. I despise people like
that. I also despise the job the republicans did on the country. That's
what I hate.

Because you're just like him:
a wastrel child of privilege, a do-nothing, a dabbler, a *dissipated*
slobbo. At least Bush went off to good schools and made it through
them. You, you slovenly wastrel, never did anything. You're *exactly*
like Bush, just less accomplished.

I'm just about the exact opposite of George Bush. If anyone is like him
it's you. You did nothing with your life and got nowhere relatively. The
only difference between him and you is that he had someone that kept
putting him in places way over his head and where he didn't belong. You
didn't, but you didn't deserve to get anywhere anyway because you
haven't got much brains or any talent.

You are a wretched excuse for a human being:

* amoral - you believe only in power

Wrong. Unlike you I have a set of morals I live by. Even though I'm not
a Christian, I'm a better Christian than you are.

* unaccomplished

That's a matter of opinion. In my mind you have accomplished nothing of
note. You probably think otherwise. But you are a dummy.

* a parasite - living off your family's money

Sorry, but I'm entitled to my family's money. See, they earned it and
they have every right to decide where it goes. That's what you say you
believe. But then if it applies to me, it doesn't? Change your rules as
circumstances dictate, huh? Anyone professing your libertarian views
sure as **** can't fault someone for leaving money to their children.
Especially if the children have done something to earn it from them. But
I expect you to say one thing and do the opposite.

* uncharitable

I do more for others than you do. You're a libertarian. They put
themselves first. You do.

You're a zero. You've admitted to being a zero.

I've admitted no such thing. I've admitted you're a fraud, a blowhard,
and a liar. but I've never admitted to being a zero. That would be a lie
and I don't lie, except of course to keep from hurting someone's
feelings. You use words like zero because you know that is what your
life has amounted to. You just can't face that so you want to focus on
somebody else. Look in the mirror. You don't see a winner, do you?

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/4/2012 2:21 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 7/3/2012 3:54 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

Hawke, a person who is unemployed, does not have a skill that
anyone is
willing to pay anything for. And wants those that are successful to
support him.
Petty little man.

Dan

Here is an example of Dan doing exactly what he berates me for all the
time.

No, it isn't.

Nice try but it is you greedy

Meaningless.

Right. Greedy people

Meaningless. Here is the only definition of "greed": what *you* call
someone who has more than you think he ought to have. That's all it
means. It has no objective meaning whatever; zero.

and selfish folks

Self-interested - but no more so than you and your mob of looters.

No one is more self-centered, selfish, or greedy than

All humans are self interested. There is no such thing as altruism.

that are the problem.

We're only a "problem" to those of you - the looters - who feel
entitled
to live off the uncompensated efforts of others.

The problem is those like you who want to free ride off the rest of
society

Nope. The wealth creators don't do that. They pay *far* more into
so-called public infrastructure than they receive in benefit from it.

You want all the benefits of the biggest and most complex society

No, we want the benefits of the value we create - value you looters did
not help in any way to create.

What you want is for what you do to be declared as being far more
valuable than what other people do.

Nope. I want only to keep whatever value I receive in voluntary
exchange. All of it. Deadbeats and parasites have no claim on any of it.

It's perfectly clear you're so unsatisfied with your level of
achievement in life

You're looking in the mirror when you write that, you scrounging loser.

Give me a break.

Nope. You are describing yourself, silver-spoon-boy. You were born to
privilege, and you didn't do anything with it. You're a loser - a
scrounger waiting for your old relatives to die.

Of course, as a man of principle, I believe you are entitled to receive
all of what they leave you...if they leave you anything. If I were in
their shoes, I'd leave you $1.00. You're a disgrace of a human being:
no children, no meaningful achievement, no volunteer work, no
contribution to the community. You're a ****ing black hole: stuff goes
in, nothing comes out.

You can't imagine how funny it is to me to hear you and your defense of
the wealthy as you try to put me in with those with nothing that want to
take from others. That is so funny because I am a member of a family
with quite a lot of money.

You're a scrounger all the same.

That's something to be proud of in my book.

It's a disgrace to the history of human achievement. You've achieved
nothing. You're a zero. You're *less* than a zero.

I *told* you months ago that I figured out you're a wastrel child of
privilege. *Someone* in your family made some money, but you didn't.
You were just a dissipated, privileged little ****, and you didn't even
do as good a job of that as most people.

Yes, you did, but you were wrong then and still are.

I'm not wrong. I'm right - 100% right.

Listen up, bitch - I'm about to tell you the straight story. Do you
know why you hate George W. Bush so much?

What I hated about him was

**** off, cocksucker. Right below is what you hate about him:

You are exactly like Bush, you ****ing wastrel.

You are a wretched excuse for a human being:

* amoral - you believe only in power

Wrong.

No, *right* - you already admitted it in another post yesterday. You
said "might makes right." Naked power - that's all you believe in. You
have no morals.

* unaccomplished

That's a matter of opinion.

It's a fact. You've done nothing.

* a parasite - living off your family's money

Sorry, but I'm entitled to my family's money.

I didn't say you aren't, but it's nothing of which you should be proud.
You ought to be deeply ashamed. You had privilege your whole life,
and you did nothing with it except drink and whore and waste your life.

* uncharitable

I do more for others than you do.

You do *NOTHING*. You do *ZERO*.

You're a zero. You've admitted to being a zero.

I've admitted no such thing.

Yes, you've admitted to being a dissipated, scrounging, privileged,
unaccomplished zero.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Monday, July 2, 2012 12:41:33 AM UTC-4, Hawke wrote:

See why I say you're an idiot? You really have no
education.

Hawke

You are the one that is an envious idiot. A petty little man who wants to
take away from those who have created something that people want and are
willing to pay to get it.

If you think Google founders get too much money, then do not use Google.
The same applies to everything else. Don't like oil companies making
money , then do not buy gasolene.

People get rich by creating something wanted or needed and selling that to
the public. If you do not want them to profit, do not buy what they are
selling.

No, they don't.

People get rich by spending less money than they take in.

Hawke, a person who is unemployed, does not have a skill that anyone is
willing to pay anything for. And wants those that are successful to
support him.
Petty little man.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, July 6, 2012 1:15:20 AM UTC-4, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

People get rich by creating something wanted or needed and selling that to
the public. If you do not want them to profit, do not buy what they are
selling.

No, they don't.

People get rich by spending less money than they take in.

Well that too. But to get rich you need to take in money. And you do that by providing a product or service that others want or need. That is what Hawke does not seem to understand. He seems to think that people get rich by exploiting people, whereas the actual fact is they help people. And the more people they help, the more money they take in.

If you stopped helping people by doing machining that they need done, you would not get rich even if you cut your spending to zero.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/6/2012 7:01 AM, a friend wrote:
On 7/6/2012 5:52 AM, wrote:
[...]

of course, you can get by with hard work, but to get truely rich you
must innovate, or exploit, pick one. Or as in the case of Gates and
most of the super rich pick both.

There is no such thing as "exploitation".

There is no "exploitation" of customers in a free market. No one ever
held a gun to the head of a customer and made him buy a computer with MS
Windows installed as the OS. No one ever held a gun to the head of a
consumer and made him buy an iPod or any other Apple product. No one
ever held a gun to the head of an urban black boy and made him spend
$200 on a pair of Air Jordans.

Nope - there is absolutely no such thing as "exploitation" of customers
in a free market. People buy what they want to buy.

There is no "exploitation" of workers in a free market, either -
absolutely none. Anyone working for Microsoft or Nike or Apple or
Google or Facebook is working there because he wants to work there. He
works there because he considers it better than his next-best
alternative. Not even any illegal alien farm workers are exploited -
no, indeed. If they wanted to be unemployed and living in a dirt-floor
shack in Mexico, they would be. If they're busting their asses under a
broiling sun in the Imperial Valley, it's because they want to be there
doing that, rather than somewhere else spending their time in what
*they* consider to be a not as good use.

Nope - there is no such thing as "exploitation" as you ****tarded
leftists misuse the word, at least not in market economies. Now, North
Korea and Myanmar and Cuba and other places beloved by left-wing ****s -
those places exploit people, because they *DO* hold guns to the heads of
their citizens - literally.

Here are the formulae:

Marxism = exploitation
Free market capitalism = no exploitation

Junior Member

I just joined the group and to what I've seen so far I do not know if I am going to stay. This thread is nothing more than two men acting like little boys. If he is out of work, does that make him any less of a person with feelings? And all this name calling I do not understand why anyone would put up with such hatred and abuse. Grow up and act like men that you are and not act your shoe size.
Nelson Collar
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 03:31:42 +0000, ncollar
nel(two)lar(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I just joined the group and to what I've seen so far I do not know if I
am going to stay. This thread is nothing more than two men acting like
little boys. If he is out of work, does that make him any less of a
person with feelings? And all this name calling I do not understand why
anyone would put up with such hatred and abuse. Grow up and act like men
that you are and not act your shoe size.
Nelson Collar

Usenet is a noisy place. A good news reader program will filter out
the less than sane posts. There were six postings that passed my
filters this morning and not one of them is about religion or
politics.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ncollar wrote:

I just joined the group and to what I've seen so far I do not know if I
am going to stay. This thread is nothing more than two men acting like
little boys. If he is out of work, does that make him any less of a
person with feelings? And all this name calling I do not understand why
anyone would put up with such hatred and abuse. Grow up and act like men
that you are and not act your shoe size.
Nelson Collar

'Hawke' is a political troll. Killfile him.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/4/2012 1:52 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 7/3/2012 6:13 PM, wrote:
[...]

We do know your situation: scrounging leech who never achieved anything
in life, slowly poisoning your parents so you can get their money
sooner. A life-long dabbler and dilettante - never mastered anything.
An indifferent student who ****ed around in his youth, the time when
most people complete their formal education, and didn't finish a degree,
in an easy bull**** field at a ****ty school, until you were in your
fifties. THAT'S your situation, and we're all very much aware of it.

You claim that I am unsatisfied with what I have achieved,

That is because people who are not satisfied with their life say the
same kind of things you do.

You don't know one thing about his level of satisfaction with his
achievement. I know you should *NOT* be satisfied with your
"achievements", because there are none to speak of.

I find it pointless to respond except to repeat that you are a little man
that wants to take from others since you are unemployed.

But you really don't know that for sure and are just speculating on it.

We do know it. You don't have a job. You're already sponging off your
parents' money. You're in your 60s, and you don't work.

The fact that you never criticize him says a lot about you. You don't
seem to know that people can figure out a lot about you by what you
write.

We've learned about you, *from* you, that you're a scrounging do-nothing
leech.

When you say all kinds of negative things about me and not a word
about the most abrasive person here

He says negative stuff about you because the bull**** policies you want
to impose - inflict - on others are simply wrong and bad for everyone.
You want to steal from producers and give to parasitic scrounging
leeches like yourself. No matter how "abrasive" I might be, my policy
prescriptions are right and yours are wrong - end of story.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, July 7, 2012 10:58:55 AM UTC-4, Michael Terrell wrote:

'Hawke' is a political troll. Killfile him.

I do not think that Hawke is a political troll. I think he really believes what he says. He just has a very unsophisticated mind, and does not see how flawed his logic is. But the advice to killfile him is spot on.

Dan